Chapter thirty-one.

Later that week :

It was Sunday, which meant I finally got a peaceful day. This past week felt hectic and busy, I was exhausted. The only relaxation I got this past week was eating dinner and laying down for sleep. Even my showers were rushed.

I laid peacefully on the lawn chair, listening to music and soaking off California's sun that I've barley enjoyed.

Hearing the fence to the court rattle, I peak from my sunglasses to see JJ and Nate sauntering out in the court. Probably to bug me and play ball.

Nate heads towards the shelf holding the dozen basketballs this house had, while JJ redirected straight towards me. I sighed, there goes my peaceful quiet day.

"Hey b" Johnson smiles, plopping down next to me. "Hello JJ, can I help you?" I asked, raising a brow. "Noooo, just bored" he says, but it didn't convince. I nodded slowly humming "right. Me too, but I was relaxing you know. After my very long week" I said, dropping hints that I wanted to be left alone.

"Right. Explains why I haven't seen much of you" he says, not catching on. I roll my eyes, thank god I had sunglasses on. I loved JJ; but I wanted peace and quiet once.

"Yo, Johnson did you tell her yet?" Nate shouted, making the shot her took perfectly.

I turned and looked at him as he glared at Nate. "No I hadn't, but thank you for making that easier you dipshit" he shouted back, flipping him off.

"Tell me what?" I say, sliding the sunglasses over my head and looking at JJ. He sighed shaking his head "Jack just left to go break up with Madison" he confessed.

Without even thinking my jaw dropped and my eyes widened. "You fucking joking?" I asked, my heart sped up a little faster. He smirked slightly "Nope, he's on his way there now" he said.

"Wait why?" I ask, furrowing my brows at him. I felt excited, but I didn't want to be. "Jack said he didn't feel the same anymore" he relayed, shrugging his shoulder as if he didn't know much of the situation. Or he was lagging me with information.

I squinted my green eyes at him devilishly. "Are you lying to me Johnson?" I questioned, hoping he would spill a little more. I hoped to much. "Nope, nothing to know" he said, immediately standing up and walking towards Nate.

I rolled my eyes picking myself up. I surely wasn't in the mood to be laying around anymore. My peaceful day was interrupted by anxiety filled information, and the loud thumping of a bouncing ball.

I slipped through the house and into my room without getting questioned or talked to. I rinsed off the tanning oil and changed into loose tee and some comfy shorts.

Why was my only day off this week filled my news that' ruins my train of thought, and gives me anxiety? As much as I wanted Jack and Madison to break up, now that it's done something feels off and I feel responsible and I know I shouldn't.

----

As the night slipped away into the early Am hours, I left my room to watch movies and sleep in the tv room. My room just felt weird tonight, maybe because my actual Tv was broken.

I closed the door behind me getting comfortable on the couch in there, I covered up but the door popped open. I lifted my head up immediately cursing in my head.

"What are you doing in here?" The voice mumbled, revealing a very waisted Jack. Or what seemed to be. "Uh my tv's broken so I sleep in here sometimes" "why are you?" I question him back after I explain myself.

He shrugged throwing himself down lazily on the separate couch we recently added. He let out a deep sigh "I'm really high Blair. And I got dizzy so I couldn't walk up the stairs. Crashing in here seemed like a better option" he slurred, resting his head.

I nodding, sinking further down in the couch. "Why are you hiding" Jack asked, giggling to himself a little. I rolled my eyes, such a child. "I'm not. It's time to sleep Jack" I said, avoiding looking at him.

"Why can't we talk?" He asked, he was so high. I wouldn't care any other time but he was personally bothering me. I was exhausted. "I'm just tired. We can talk another time" I muttered.

"Fine" he whimpered, rolling over on the couch. I laid back down staring up at the dark ceiling. I took a few deep breaths, not sure what to do. Even after I complained to Jack I was tired and wanted sleep; I couldn't sleep.

Fifteen minutes passed and my eyes were still fixated on the black ceiling with the tv glowing against the room. She sat up seeing Jack playing in his phone. "Jack" she said in a soft whisper.

He peaked up at her. "I thought you were sleeping" he breathed out, the sudden call out scared him. "I can't sleep" I muttered, eyes trailing around the room instead of at Jack.

"Do you wanna smoke?" He cheesed. Glaring at him "aren't you high enough?" I questioned. He shrugged "I don't mind smoking again. It doesn't bother me" he told me.

"At least it's something" she hurled herself off the couch and on to my feet. The cold tile surprising me. "Let's go" he smiles innocently grabbing my hand and leading me out the dark house and into the backyard.

He lead me to the big tree that stood in the back of the house, taking a seat in the perfectly cut grass. Patting the spot next to him. "Take a seat, and relax" he sighed, pulling a plastic baggie out his pocket.

I sat down next to him feeling the itchy grass against my legs, but ignoring it. I watched him roll up, my eyes concentrated on his technic.

After he rolled the perfect blunt he put it between his lips, lighting it and inhaling it. Passing it to me, I took my three outs before passing it back.

"How was your day?" I asked, apart of me that was curious about his day. I wanted to know about him and Madison.

"Shitty" he muttered, passing it back to me. I nodded "relatable" I chuckled bitterly. "Why was yours so shitty" I asked prying for more information. He exhaled the smoke from his mouth and looked at me directly "I broke up with Madison" he sighed.

"Why?" I furrowed my eyebrows. He shrugged "because her and I aren't supposed to be together. I feel it" he muttered. I didn't say anything back to him. I didn't know what he meant but I didn't want to. It wasn't my business to pry in anymore than I already had.

I stared out into the dark yard my mind pondering before I spoke to him. "Who do you think you're supposed to be with?" I ask, even if I wasn't supposed to ask or shouldn't. I did.

Jack sighed "it's not important. but I know who I am supposed to be with"

----

Oh my gosh, I didn't even know how to end this. But I needed to update so sorry if it's a sucky ending to the chapter.

Anyways, I got my iPhone so I'm writing on that instead of my iPod (: so yeah.

I hope you guys liked, sorry I'm such a slacker it's not on purpose I swear. I just keep forgetting ugh.