Ch.34 Virgin Feet

Wren's POV

Virgin Feet

My mind is running so fast I'm scared the next time I talk, instead of stuttering, I'll literally just vomit instead. Like projectile vomit, everything I just ate including the multiple slices of cake Chloe had brought over for me during the prolonged conversation with Theo's parents.

Alex and Gaia had thoroughly interrogated me and unexpectedly didn't just choose to tolerate me; but they fell in love with me. I knew this because of Alex's push on Theo to propose to me!

It's why the food in my stomach was rolling around so much right now.

Theo has stood up and decided to speak to the few catering assistants whom are cleaning up the mess before they go. He is also congratulating Bryony on her 18th birthday party before she leaves with her family.

I'm left to sit, pondering his words about punishments speeding up certain lessons of submission. How he rubbed it in, scared me. Including but not limited to, how he said this not long after Alex's pressure on proposing to me.

Clearly, it was a joke.

But what my brain was telling me, was that Theo wouldn't connect engagement to positivity. His last fiancé fucked him over. As for me; I was barely just becoming his girlfriend! There was no way that the mention of marriage would be appropriate in the slightest at this stage of our... acquaintance.

That's what it felt like.

"Goodbye, Wren, it was nice meeting you," I'm startled out of my thoughts as Bryony passes my table with a finger wave, as her arms are piled with presents.

"You too," I squeak out, reaching forward I pretend like I'm busying needing to hold something and I go to grab the wine bottle in the middle of the table.

I pull it closer to me and I watch Theo's cousin's family leave. I then gaze at Theo as he realises they left a small present behind so he picks up the tiny parcel and hurries out to catch them. As he does so he pauses briefly next to my table as I catch his gaze.

My gaze is worried and curious and I'm glad he has stopped so I can question him.

"Is it normal," I blurt, holding up my hand in the air as if I'm trying to catch something, but I was just trying to be serious by using a hand gesture, "For people to... date their boss? It's stupid... isn't it?"

Theo's eyes darken and I quickly let my hand drop back down onto the table, accidentally banging it a bit too hard so that other people cleaning turn to see what is going on. Theo clutches the package tighter and drops his hand by his side as the playfulness from before seeps out of his gaze, replaced with anger.

"What are you trying to say, Wren?" he asks, with a raised eyebrow, "What did I tell you about overthinking? You no longer have to think. I'm here to do that for you."

"But, b-but... but what if... what if..." I try to think of how to phrase my words right, however, Theo raises a hand.

"Just a second, doll, I need to run this to Bryony," he scolds, shutting me down, taking on a dominant tone. His tone is harsher than normal. He turns to walk off just as I think of the right question.

"...what if this is wrong and too fast?" I murmur, expressing a deep fear, "And... b-backwards."

I believe I've said it to myself but just before Theo exits the room he spins on his heel. He passes me his most exasperated look, full of impatience, to show me he heard every word. I gulp, he sees, and then he turns on his heel once more, quickening his pace to catch Bryony before she leaves.