Ch.7 Initial Denial

Initial Denial

I wake up in Theo's bed – not next to him, he was in the spare bedroom. I'm smiling as I lie in the sun, stretching, thinking about last night. My first thought when I walked into Theo's penthouse was how absolutely stunning the lay out was. Simply modern furniture, mixed in with some old with a dark brown, almost black theme with light coloured floorboards.

Theo had guided me to his bedroom off the right of the large living area and open kitchen. He had simply opened his door and when I stumbled in, he could see me trembling with some nerves.

What he did next made my heart warm.

He had simply said goodnight, walked off and left me in utter peace. Call me strange, but the fact he gave me space made me very pleased. Most guy friends I had known in the past would push and push for something more especially after a big night out.

I guess this was refreshing behaviour.

Theo was in-control, calm, decisive and utterly in-tune with my emotions. I liked that.

I look out the slightly open window and breathe in the ocean air. Eventually I roll out of bed and stand up, stretching. I had fallen asleep in my dress in his beautiful king-sized bed. I look down at it, blushing at the thought of how his scent from the sheets had also lulled me into a blissful sleep.

I eventually glance to the slightly ajar door.

Okay, Wren, walk out and hold your head high.

Okay.

Let's go!

Don't think about Theo being topless or with sleep ruffled hair or... mmm... making breakfast for me.

I push open the door, smirking to myself at my naughty thoughts. My eyes widen when I see Theo already up and ready. I didn't expect to see him like this. He is fully dressed, leaning on his kitchen's black marble counter top as he sips his takeaway coffee.

I look around for a second coffee, where was mine? Did he buy me one?

"Hi, hello, thanks for letting me sleep over in your amazing place," I smile nervously, stopping by the mat near the long black and sleek lounge suit. I hold my elbow and my brain runs a million miles a minute as I interrogate myself over why I said, 'hi, hello', instead of just choosing one.

Theo is not helping my flustered thoughts.

He is simply looking at me, thinking. I honestly couldn't tell if he was happy or what. I look on the bench once more, there was no coffee for me.

Why does that make my stomach clench in disappointment?

"I'll take you home soon, sweet cheeks," he sips his coffee again, not breaking eye-contact with me while I try to figure out his thoughts.