Ch.19 First Kiss

First Kiss

I run around my apartment trying to clean everything and make it presentable. I also hop in the bathroom and shave everything, a little flutter in my stomach at the thought of not knowing how far Theo was going to push me tonight.

I would never agree to anything unless I was completely comfortable, but I was susceptible to him. If he went about it the right way, he could potentially have me.

It's certainly not a thought I dwell on too long, rather it resides in the depths of my subconscious as I clean myself up. After shaving, I shower and I shampoo and condition while Mr. Fox sits and stares at me from outside the shower door.

Ever since I got back he was not leaving my side. Now he meows when the glass door fogs up and he can't see me.

"I'm still here, Mr. Fox!" I call out, to reassure him, and he makes another funny little noise, "That's right, I haven't been taken away by the steam, relax kitty-cat."

I see a paw on the glass door a moment later and I roll my eyes.

"I said I'm right here," I try to reassure him as I turn off the stream and then squeeze the excess water out of my hair. When the steam clears from the windows, and Mr. Fox spots me, he twirls around while meowing and he waits by the bathroom door, "Hey, now you want to get out of the bathroom, huh? You wait for me this whole time and then you want to leave? What do you want from me, Mr. Fox? Tell me," I try to put on a firm tone, practicing before Theo got here.

I step out of the shower and pick up a towel, going to the door to open it for Mr. Fox.

As I crack the door open, my eyes glance up to see Theo sitting on the end of my bed –

What the hell?

"Oh my gosh!" I flip out and slam the door shut after Mr. Fox slips out, heading for Theo. That's why he wanted to leave, Theo had come early! I look to the clock – 6.30pm. Of course he had to get here when I wasn't prepared!

"Wren..." his voice is on the other side of the bathroom door now, directly on the other side, "Were you talking to your cat?"

"No!" I outright lie, "I mean – yes... but, why does it matter?" I manage to sound exasperated. Probably because I am.

"I came early because there wasn't too much more to do at work today, you did most of it for me," Theo sounds approving and I instantly feel my heart lighten.

"Oh, well then... I won't be long," I speak more positively now, "Do you want to eat in?" I also decide talking through the door was making me feel more confident.

"I'd rather have a chat first if you don't mind, Wren," Theo quietens down and sounds more serious now.

"Can you make me tea?" I ask, "I'll be out soon."

"Don't keep me waiting, sweety," I'm confused as I try to work out his tone, was he teasing or was he serious?

Oh gosh.

When I hear him walk away, my panic starts to set in.

I go from a slight state of shock to completely freaking out.

He heard you talking to your cat, Wren, what if this chat is about your sanity rather than your potential submission to him?

"Oh... fucking hell," I whisper to myself as I rush around for clothes; black trackys and grey shirt. I had wanted to wear something nicer than this stay-at-home outfit but he had arrived early so it was out of the question now.

I couldn't rummage through my clothes lest he start to realise how much he affected me. If he started to take full notice that I was only ever a nervous wreck because of him, not because of anything else, then that'd be too soul destroying. I'd become far too vulnerable.