To Feel - Chapter 6 - Seeking answers and purpose

Guys I had such writer's block for this chapter but I sincerly hope you all like it.

Here's chapter 6!

I was too busy struggling to get his hand free to notice the cliff we were advancing.

But it was too late, and we were both sent over the edge.

~~Third Person~~

The battle was drawing to a close, remaining Orcs either staying to fight before being struck down, or fleeing from the scene on their Wargs. Many Orcs and Wargs lay dead, men alongside of them. Legolas and Gimli searched for survivors but more importantly Aragorn and Esme.

"Aragorn!? Esme!?" Legolas called out, his eyes searching the battlefield, with Gimli calling out beside him. Worry and fear began to build up inside them, and their searching turn desperate, in hopes of finding their two friends. The neared a cliff, hoping to find a sign of them there. Instead they were met with a deep, throaty, sinister chuckle behind them. They turned to find a dying Orc at their feet and Gimli made no hesitation in walking up to him and grabbed him by the front of his armor.

"Tell me what happened," Gimli hissed at him, "and I will ease your passing."

"Their... dead." It chocked out, taking glee in their sadness that shown in their eyes. "He took a little tumble off the cliff, pretty girl right behind him." He finished.

"You lie!" Legolas hissed, clutching at his shirt. The Orc took his last breath, and died with a sick smile on his face. Legolas let him go, and glanced down to see him clutching something silver in it's dead hands. He took out the item from him and let it dangle in front of him. Precious and sparkling, was the Evenstar, that had hung around Aragorn's neck.

Whatever doubt he had about the Orc's words, vanished, and he realized the Orc's words were true. He dashed towards the edge of the cliff, hoping to get at least a glimpse of his companions. Gimli joined at his side, and both stared mournfully at the rushing river.

"Get the wounded on horses." Théoden commanded loudly as he approached the two. "The wolves of Isengard will return. Leave the dead." Legolas turned to glare at his words, but the King ignored him and heaved himself on his horse. Without a word, Legolas and Gimli mounted on Arod and resentfully followed after the soldiers.

~~~

All Esme saw was blackness. It seemed to have enveloped her mind, body and soul. She couldn't think, couldn't feel, couldn't see. She seemed to be nothing, only aware of the eternal feeling of drifting.

A blink of light so sudden, she seemed to think it was of her imagination. But it wasn't right. She wasn't meant to be thinking, wasn't meant to be imaging. But it happened again, a flicker of light that had blinked right in front of her. But as quick as it had happened, it was gone again. The light blinked again but it seemed brighter, and lasted for second longer. This happened again, and again. Repeating itself, but each time it got brighter and lasted for longer. It had also seemed to be expanding. Filling her line of sight with it's brightness, almost bright enough to make her blind.

She was used to the sudden randomness by now, and just let it happen in front of her. And then suddenly it stopped. But instead of it leaving black, it stopped on it's brilliant bright light. Esme was astounded, and couldn't seem to close her eyes as images starting forming in front of her in a whirl pool motion.

She saw the same pictures she had seen in Galadriel's Mirror, but she had forgotten and looked upon with new interest. Her mind whirled at the different scenes, and she couldn't seem to keep up. But then it stopped on the image of her wielding a sword. It was a long slender sword, it's silver blade the length of her arm. Engraved on the blade were four different symbols, all representing an element.