To Know - Chapter 12 - The Past comes back to me

Chapter 12 - The Past comes back to me

Alright guys, this is one of the most important chapters of the whole book.

Enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello Esme, I was hoping you could let me check your wounds?" Aragorn asked me politely. I froze a bit when he said wounds.

What do I do, I have no wounds

"Um, they are fine." I replied, hoping he wouldn't catch my hesitance in my voice.

"Well, then can I at least change the bandages?" he asked me, still pondering.

"No, I can do that myself." I grabbed the bag of medical supplies out of his hand, and quickly turned to head to the baths.

Hopefully, he will leave it be

But he never did, as I was walking he had quickly snuck his hands to the hem of my shirt and had lifted it up. I closed my eyes, my secret is out. I stopped moving scared of his reaction. Before he could look any longer, I pulled away from him and wrapped my arms around my waist protectively.

"Esme, why don't you have a wound but instead an old scar?" He ask me, skeptically. I sighed, knowing I couldn't turn back now and hide. I turned to face him and I stared deeply into his eyes.

"Because, I healed myself with my powers."

My answer threw him off, and he stared at me in shock. His eyes were wide and his mouth hung slightly open, yet he didn't look like a gaping fish. The other members of the Fellowship, who hadn't been anywhere near us, still heard what I said and were all standing still in shock. They never seemed to wrap it around their heads of what I had just said, and they all continued to stare at me with wide, shock-filled eyes.

"What are you?" Boromir asked, his voice loud and untrusting. I sighed, and looked at him.

"I am a kemen ohtar. An earth warrior in western tounge."

"I have never heard of you." Aragorn pointed out what I already knew.

"Sit down all of you and I will tell my story." They all moved to sit down on the logs in front of a dead fire. I sat alone on a log, facing them all yet I kept my eye of vision on the ground. I sighed before looking up and I started explaining.

"My real name is Ahlis Drear'athem. Me and my kin, we were the wanwa kemen ohtar, the last earth warriors. We were forgotten to the different kinds of Middle Earth, that's why you have never heard of us before. We lived in the dolen ndor en' val. The hidden land of powers to those of who don't know Sinadrin. My kin dwelt there for many generations.

My father, Angya Drear'raheal, was our kano. Our cammander, or Lord in your tense, for my people. He married my mother, Koehlis Hunith'valsa. You see my father was a warrior of water, where my mother was a earth warrior. Different elements were never mixed, and my parents proved that wrong by giving birth to me, the first mixed breed of our kind. My people were always at peace and we never fought in any wars, although we all trained as if we were about too.