Chapter 32 "Frontin"

***The Next Morning***

"Bitch dont be clowing how my pancakes look, atleast they taste good. Unlike yo watery ass eggs" I clowned Lauren for talking about the pancakes I cooked.

"Oooh, she on yo shit" Angie laughs. "Yo real talk though, these eggs are nasty ass hell, Lauren"

Lauren laughed rolling her eyes. "Don't eat em then, trick"

"I won't, hoe" Ang laughed.

We're in the kitchen eating the breakfast we just finished cooking.
There's me, Lauren, Angie, Jazmine, Dj Clue, Terrance, and JustBlaze in here eating. Everyone else is either not up yet, or just haven't came in here to grab some breakfast.

Us girls originally were just gonna cook for ourselves, but we decided to be nice and cook enough for these fuckboys to eat also.

"Aye these pancakes fire, Beyoncé. You did yo thang" JustBlaze says.

"Thank you" I smiled at him.

"I like me a shawty who can cook" He says smiling back at me.

We've been causally flirting with each other this morning, I'm not interested in Jay's lil friend though. I'm just being nice and flirting back, nothing serious.

"You crossing over to marked territory, playa" Angie says looking at him. "Betta be careful"

"Uh, excuse you. I am not marked territory, I'm single as a pringle"

"For now, but you know you and Jay are gonna get back together sooner or later"

"You and Jay used to be a couple?" JustBlaze asks with a surprised face.

"Yea, briefly" I say with a shrug.

"Ohh, ok, I get it now" he says like he's enlightened.

"Get what?" I ask curious to his sudden enlightenment about something.

"Jay told me last week at the studio you were off limits, but he didn't say why. So I assumed he was just being protective of you cuz you his friend, and he ain't want you getting played or something. But I see what it is now, you the Ex he must still dig, so he keeping you around as a just in case Ex"

"Yup" Terrance laughs.

"Nope" I say a little offended by the term he just used. "What is a Just In Case Ex?"

"Oh the just in case Ex is the shawty you still have feelings for but for whatever reason you can't be with at the moment. So you keep them close by as a friend or whatever, as the just in case ex. So if you ever do decided you want dat old thang back, you'll still be cool with them and able to slide into a relationship wit em again easily whenever you ready"

"Damn, I got a few Just in case ex niggaz on standby and I ain't even know it" Angie says laughing.

"I'm not no damn just in case ex, me and Jay are still friends after our breakup because we were friends wayyy before we got into a relationship. Not because he's trying to keep me on standby as some just in case ex"

"You suuree about that?" Lauren asks. "Cuz niggas is trifling like that, they know you still love them and wanna be with them, but they wanna be playas and not be tied down yet. So they'll keep you on the side as a 'Friend' but still hit you up for sex and shit"

"Mhm, and they know you'll stay around because you love they ass" Jaz says, she shook her head. "Niggaz ain't sh¡t"

"Hey not all of us, some of us are decent dudes" Dj Clue says.