on the train

[on the train: takes place in their first year]

HARRY'S POV

After I had gotten onto the train, I found a compartment that was empty and sat down inside. I was really nervous to go to Hogwarts, excited of course, but also nervous. I barely know anything about the school, so hopefully I can make a friend that grew up in a wizarding family, and they can help me learn more. There's so much I don't know about the wizarding world in general.

Suddenly the compartment door slid open, and I looked up to see a blonde boy who seemed to be in my year. He looked my age.

"Hey, mind if I sit with you?" He asked me.

I shook my head, "No, not at all."

He smiled, shut the door, and sat across from me. "I'm Draco Malfoy," he held out his hand.

I shook it, "I'm Harry, Harry Potter."

Draco's silvery blue eyes widened, "You're Harry Potter? That's so cool! I've always wanted to meet you."

I nervously smiled, and then asked, "Do you live with wizards?"

He nodded, "Yes, my mother and father are both magical."

I sighed out in relief, "Oh, then maybe you can help me! I grew up with muggles, and so I don't know much about the wizarding world or about Hogwarts."

"Yeah, I'll help you!" He said, "There's four houses at Hogwarts that you get sorted into. Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Slytherin, and Gryffindor. Ravenclaws are typically intelligent, Hufflepuffs kind, Slytherins cunning, and Gryffindors brave."

I nodded, and took this information in, "What house do you think you'll be sorted into?"

He thought for a moment, "Well, my parents were in Slytherin, but I don't think that I could belong in that house. I'd like to be in Gryffindor. What about you?"

I shook my head, "I'm not sure, I don't even know what houses my parents were in."

Draco laughs, "Really? Well, I do. They were both in Gryffindor, James and Lily."

After that, I thought for a while and then I said, "Then I would love to be in Gryffindor. The house my parents were in."

He smiled, "Well, maybe if we're lucky, we can both be in Gryffindor."

•Time skip- sorting ceremony•

"Malfoy, Draco!"

Draco smiled nervously at me and then sat on the stool, and the sorting hat was placed on his head. It seemed to think for a while, and then it yelled, "GRYFFINDOR!"

He got a few cheers from the Gryffindor table, but not many. I sent him a thumbs up, and he grinned before taking a seat at the Gryffindor table.

After a few more people it was my turn. "Potter, Harry!"

Now everyone was paying close attention, even Professor Dumbledore. I took a deep breath, and sat on the stool. When the hat was placed on my head, it yelled, "GRYFFINDOR!"

The Gryffindor table cheered loudly and very enthusiastically, and I grinned. Even lots of the Professors were clapping. I sat next to Draco and we hugged each other.

"We did it!" He exclaimed and I grinned, nodding.

At that moment I was so glad to have met Draco Malfoy on the train.

•~•~•
#15, done! I really enjoyed writing this one, idk haha
I'm open to requests! Vote, comment, follow and share please that would be great! :)
xxx