Chapter Twenty Seven

~Slight ADULT content~

My hours of sleep were next to none, as my mind whirled around what would be happening to me in less than a day. Would I really be taken away?

                Would he really let them?

                My wrists and ankles ached throughout the night as I tossed and turned, before I finally gave up the notion of sleep all together.

                I was hungry.

                Hunger always keeps you up.

                Sighing, I swung my legs out of the bed and walked to the bathroom. The shower I took was quick, and when I was finished I dug in the King's closet for something to wear.

                He had a lot a long shirts, I'm sure he wouldn't miss just one.

                Happy with myself, I walked to the door of the room and threw it open to the empty hallway beyond. The lights were off, but I knew the hallway well enough to find my way to the main door, and not the service door.

                Exiting the hallway I walked down another empty one until I came to a set of stairs. I had never been this way, so I contemplated exploring before I pushed the thought out of my head. Food was more important than anything.

                The castle halls were empty as I made my way to the kitchen, and the lights turned on automatically as I walked through the doorway.

                Whipping myself up a sandwich, I sat at the counter and thought about my options.

                I could beg them to take me back to Earth, but I knew that wouldn't ever happen. That was just wishful thinking. I could beg these Tethran's to let me stay on this planet, but I knew that if they thought I needed to come back with them, that there would be no stopping them.

                Munching on my sandwich, I took a look around the kitchen. I had been in here as a servant, but never as someone who wasn't owned. I didn't know what to make of my life anymore.

                What was I going to do?

                Shaking my head, I finished my sandwich and cleaned up after myself. With a full belly, my need to explore grew, and that's what I did for the next two hours.

                Through long hallways, past closed doors with peculiar sounds emitting from behind them, I found every nook and cranny I could.

                But it felt empty.

                That was the only way I could describe it. The hallways weren't adorned with any paintings, and the floors were all bland stone. It was beautiful, nonetheless, but cold and empty.

                Maybe it was because I had never thought of this place as happy, or filled with warmth.

                With exhaustion finally setting in, I began to climb the stairs to the top floor. The only floor I hadn't completely explored.

                Besides the King's hallway and room, there were two other hallways. The main one was the one I started with, but found nothing interesting there. There was a large library, with a piano shoved into the corner of the room. The tall windows were covered with thick curtains and looked like they hadn't been opened in years.

                Exiting that room, I walked to the end of the hallway and turned into the next one. There was a door at the end of the hall, and soft light filtered through.

                Blinking, the curiosity got the best of me and I tip-toed down to the end.

                The first noise I heard should've told me to turn back, but my steps just got quicker. My cheeks burned at the second noise, and by the third moan I was standing in front of the door looking through the crack.

                My heart fell to my stomach at the sight of the King between a woman's legs. His back muscles rippled and the few small scars moved with each thrust of his hips. The woman seemed to be having a nice time, as all she did was moan.

                Her back was laid on a desk, and I couldn't see her face, but I recognized the skin. Anger flared in me for a few seconds before I smothered it and another emotion that I didn't want to acknowledge took over.

                Stifling a sob, I watched as the king bent over the woman, took a fist full of her hair and pulled her mouth to his. Why I was subjecting myself to this, I didn't know, but I stayed long enough to watch them switch positions and finish.

                Realizing they had started moving in a non-sexual way, I reared back and turned to run the opposite way. Tears streamed down my face and I didn't try to be quiet as I ran back to the main hallway. Behind me the door opened, and I heard a muffled voice, but I ignored it and kept running.

                Taking the stairs two at a time, I let my emotions guide me, and ended up in the servant's quarters.

                Lin's door loomed before me, and without thinking about it I slammed my fists against the door, tears streaming down my face.

                It took seconds for the door to swing open, and for Lin to drag me into her embrace.

                "What happened? What is wrong? Are you hurt?"

                I sobbed into her and let her lead me to a seat. She comforted me as I tried to speak through my sobs, but I knew nothing I was saying made sense to her, because they didn't even make sense to me.

                Heaving through the tears, I took a deep breath and finally strung together, "Why would they do that to me?"

                The exhaustion settled over me, and Lin held me as I slipped into an emotion induced sleep.

~~~~

I know... short... please don't hate me... ;)