Chapter Thirteen

My mornings were spent eavesdropping when the others were talking. I had established which languages they spoke that I wasn't supposed to know, and which ones I was supposed to know. They sounded alike, but the one I wasn't supposed to know seemed to be more put together, and seemed to be their main language.

Of course they wouldn't want a filthy human knowing their precious language. I scoffed at that.

Two women were talking about me now, loud enough for everyone in the room to hear, "I heard she was a whore on her planet. Dancing for money, what do they called those? Strippers?"

The other woman, we will call her gap-tooth, agreed. "She looks like she would be one. I am surprised they didn't throw her with the pleasure slaves. She is disgracing our job!"

The first woman, nicknamed forehead, laughed. "I am not surprised they didn't put her with the pleasure slaves, she wouldn't be able to bring pleasure to one of our men, even if they were dying or if she were the last female left on this planet. They would choose a rock over her."

Gap-tooth laughed loudly with her companion, "You are totally right. Now I understand why they have her in the King's quarters. Even if he sees her, the most he would do is kill her. There wouldn't be any trouble with him having an affair with her."

"You're right. That has got to be why no one has been sent to clean up there lately, he's not getting any and Lin is afraid he will take advantage of one of us," Forehead said, crossing her arms.

Gap-tooth nodded, "But lets be honest, I don't think any of us would mind if-" she broke off, looking at me.

Whoops.

"What are you looking at, human?" she sneered in the language I was supposed to know, spitting on the ground.

I shrugged from my laying position before replying, "I haven't actually figured that out yet."

An angry screech was my reward and I laughed, hopping out of bed and running off before she could get a hold of me and do any damage. Gap-tooth was one crazy lady.

I had six hours to kill before my assignment rolled around, so I pulled up my mental map and headed to a training room Dran had said no one uses anymore.

Sneaking in was easy, and I was relieved to find it empty and filled with dusty equipment. I would sneeze a lot, but there was a lot of room to tumble, stretch, and I could even use one of the support beams as a pole. Innovative.

Going to the middle of the room I started with my stretching. With my feet shoulder width apart I bent my torso down so I got a good stretch in my legs. I was practically bent in two, and leaned my torso down the right leg, spreading my legs a bit more as I did.

Repeating the process on the other leg, I let myself go to the ground and started slowly stretching into the splits. I did it both ways, enjoying the familiar feeling before going into a yoga push up.

I did a few more yoga positions before jumping up. Hopping on the balls of my feet back and forth I braced myself for the next move I was going to try.

Taking two steps back I braced myself and jumped, doing a back flip and landing it without faltering, I stood and waved to an imaginary crowd, giggling to myself.

I took my time doing a few floor routines before I faced the pole.

Pole dancing was something I hadn't done in a very long time, but I admit; there was a small period after my family fell apart and I was hurting for money.

Pole dancing is what got me into aerial dancing, and that's what got me into the company I performed with. Without pole dancing, my get away never would've happened.