Chapter Nineteen

The next couple of days were a blur to me. The hallucinations hit me at random times.

Some were bad, but most of them were gentle and caressed me like a lover I had never had. I was healing nicely as far as I could tell. The food that was given to me made my taste buds light up and I couldn't imagine going back to the bland food, but knew it was coming any day now.

My man had talked to someone on some sort of device, and I have a vague feeling it was Kila, the lady who had stitched me up and looked me over. He mentioned getting me out of the room, and she replied something.

He wasn't being very nice to me lately. Cold and distant after the first day. He was rarely in the room, leaving me to my own devices and I figure I made him up after the version of men I was used to. No other explanation.

I cleaned.

The room was spotless and whenever he would come in he would huff about it and I would just smile.

The high I was riding was something I really didn't want to come down from anytime soon, but I knew it was wearing off. The tracers were starting to diminish and the random trips I would take were coming few and far between.

I was sad. I knew I was coming down, but I didn't want to leave. The King had yet to show his face, and I had to wonder if this was even the King's room.

Laying down in the bed, I was staring at the ceiling when the commotion happened out in the hallway.

There was a loud, angry screech and I snapped up into a sitting position. My head had healed a few days ago, but some movements still hurt my lady bits.

Footsteps sounded like a hammer striking a nail, coming towards the door, and I scampered off the bed. Diving under it, I told myself I would need to clean under here next time, and then the door to the room flew open.

"Where the hell is she, Vladislav? I can smell her!" the woman's seethed, and I saw her heels in the doorway.

It was a voice I recognized and one that made my brain hurt in my skull.

Behind her were a pair of polished black shoes I recognized, and frowned, my man?

"What the fuck are you doing here, Mirian?" my man seethed. No, Vladislav, seethed. Maybe I had seen this man and made my man up after him? My head hurt.

"I know you have some bitch in here. Everyone does. Where the hell is she?" Mirian had taken steps into the room now, and seemed to be inspecting it. Vladislav stayed in the doorway and didn't reply to her.

Mirian neared the bed and screeched something at a frequency I didn't even think was possible. "See! There has been someone in here! Look at your bed!"

Vladislav scoffed and I could imagine his arms crossed with an angry look on his face. If he looked anything like my man, I had come to know the look well the past couple days. "I do sleep here, you know."

Liar, I thought to myself, confused at this whole ordeal.

Mirian voiced my thoughts and moved away from the bed, towards the closet. "The last time you had a little slut in here, I found her. Did you know that? A little pathetic human."

A growl answered her statement and Vladislav's feet moved. Mirian seemed to not hear or notice, because she kept talking, "I heard the human was a whore. I saw her at your little party, you know. Doing what whores on her planet do. I heard someone got ahold of her though, taught her a lesson and no one has-" she broke off on a gurgle and a loud thump followed.