Chapter Fifteen

I groaned and stared at myself in the mirror. "Was this really necessary?"

Behind me, at least a dozen different girls started nodding vigorously. I shook my head at the different species of women, and turned. "Guys, seriously?

Someone laughed, and a lady I had learned was names Jling came up to me. She had skin the color of fire, and it moved like fire too. Her skin literally changed color in front of your eyes. She was a sensual creature and wasn't afraid to show it.

She grabbed my shoulders and looked into my eyes, for a second I thought she was going to try and kiss me before she smiled to show she had no teeth at all, and said in her language, "You are so beautiful little human. You will sleep here tonight, yes? With us? Visit with us?"

Rolling my eyes I shrugged and looked at the hopeful faces behind her. These women were lonely for company outside of each other, and I was lonely for friends. I nodded, and Jling threw her arms around me.

Quickly forgetting the look they had painted on me, we set into a night of teaching the human, gossiping about the palace, and soon one big cuddle fest of sleeping women.

As I laid awake and stared at the ceiling, all I could think about was that these women got the short end of the stick. Sure, there were a few of Jling's species who liked the work they did and actually offered to do it when their planet was taken over, but other's like the twins had been forced into this life.

Shaking my head, I rolled onto my side on the soft pad the women slept on and fell asleep.

~~

They let me sleep when they woke, and didn't wake me until I had to be awake to clean the floors. Giving myself a once over in the mirror, I figured I didn't have time to change or take any of the makeup they had painted on off, so I headed up with it still on.

The skirt around my waist swished seductively as I walked up the stairs, and the bracelets on my ankles made little tinkling sounds with each step. For the top I was basically wearing a bra.

So I was pretty much wearing what a belly dancer would on Earth.

It was burgundy in color and made me feel like I was walking on water. I had taken a couple of belly dancing classes, but had found I wasn't a big fan of it.

I also couldn't move my stomach the right way and the lady who had taught the class was not very nice about it.

Cleaning the rooms in the outfit was the funnest experience I had had yet on this planet. The bedding needed changed due to some big party happening soon, so that was a hassle, but I didn't mind. The clinks my outfit made had me swaying my hips to my own music.

The big thing was the King's room. I wasn't sure if he would show today, because I was informed his schedule would be different. I was told to stay on my own schedule, but to stay inconspicuous.

Seen but never heard. That was the duty of the others. Mine was don't be seen, don't be heard; just don't exist.

Getting done with the fourth floor I took a deep breath and readied myself for the Kings' chambers. He would need a new change of bedding, so I would have to get that. Probably the bathroom and the hallway would need doing again, and a quick sweep of the main bedroom.

Heading down I dodged other people and got the bedding meant for just the King. It was always a darker color than the rest. It was softer too, both inviting and uninviting.

An anomaly.

Throwing them in a basket, I made sure I had it all before making my way back into the staircase leading up. The basket was heavy, and I was gasping for breath by the time I actually got all the way up. I would definitely have to figure out a new way to do this for next time.