Waiting Game

A short story I wanted to make for Valentine's Day! Lol, even though I don't have one :( . This story was inspired by the song "Waiting Game" by Banks. It's on the side if you want to check it out.

Cassie on the side.

***

What’s worse? Having to lose the love of your life? Or having to lose that very same person on your birthday? What makes life even worse was that he was on his way to see me. Take me away from my own personal hell, aka home, and we were going to spend my birthday weekend up in the mountains. We were going away from my abusive parents, away from his snobby parents, away from the ignorant onlookers of our relationships, away from life. We were going to spend my 19th birthday weekend lost in each other, mind, body, and soul. This was the day that I had been waiting for my short entire life. To give the man I love my virtue.

I never got the chance.

Some drunken bastard ran the red light at the intersection down the road from my house and killed Marcus head on. I heard the crash all the way in my room. Something told me to go see what happened. I shouldn’t have even left the front door. There he was, being pulled out of the car with the jaws of life, and the man who ran into him, my own father.

Last night, he went out with his buddies again. He stood there with a blank face but when his eyes met mine, he smirked. His smirk was cut short when he was handcuffed and taken away.

I couldn’t face the fact that I would never be able to hug, kiss, or see Marcus again. My world has crashed in less than one day. Literally. I couldn’t take the pain anymore. My only solution was to run. Go off and start a new life to get rid of the pain.

So that’s what I did.

I ran.