My Brothers Bestfriend 3

Start from the beginning

"I kissed Caleb," I blurt out quickly, knowing she would have gotten it out of me eventually anyway.

"What?" Her eyes widen. "How and when and why did this happen?"

"When I got home from school," I sigh and take my shirt off. I grab my dress and pull it over my head, shimmying a little to get it down over my body. It's really tight. "I took the front seat by force, and then he chased me up here..."

"Wait, it happened in here?" She asks, a little too loudly, her eyes shining with her excitement. "What else happened?"

"Nothing!" I say quickly. "I mean, he chased me up here, tickled me, made me say please and then promise to never take his seat again, and then... Well he told me to kiss him,"

"Damn," She draws, whistling afterwards. "He is a piece of work, that boy,"

"I know," I groan, turning my straightener on to let it heat up. "And to be honest, I don't know where we stand. Don't get me wrong, I know he's a player, but then afterwards he like, pecked me,"

"Peck?" She asks, her eyebrows going higher. "Wow, players don't usually peck girls,"

"That's what I thought!" I exclaim, beginning to put curls through my hair. "But I don't want to get my hopes up, you know?"

"Yeah, I get you," She sighs, coming to stand beside me. She takes the straightener from me. "I'll do your hair for you. Anyway, back to Caleb, you have to be careful even more because of Matt,"

"I know," I groan, sitting on the floor and letting Stefanie take control of my hair. "Matt is so cute, and even though he's really cocky, I don't know, I kind of like him. But..."

"But?" She prompts when I trail off.

"Well I like Caleb more," I admit honestly. "And I'm, you know, physically attracted to him. Matthew is good looking, sure, but I'm just not hot for him the way I am for Caleb,"

"Damn, you little whore," She giggles, and I see her shake her head through my full length mirror. Loud music suddenly sounds from downstairs but we ignore it, already way too use to it. "But I understand what you mean. I guess you'll just have to see how tonight goes with Matt, and see how Caleb reacts around you,"

"Yeah, well," I shrug. "I don't want to let go of Matt because there's a chance Caleb doesn't like me in any way other than physically, but that's basically using Matt... I don't know, Stef, I'm a sucky person,"

"No you aren't," She rolls her eyes. "Don't overthink anything, or at least don't let it make you feel shit. Let's just see how tonight goes,"

After my hair is finished and I've done my make up, we make our way back downstairs. The party is already in full swing, and there are people everywhere.

We enter the kitchen, and not even a few minutes later Taylor approaches us. He smiles at Stefanie and me, passing us both a beer. "How are you lovely ladies tonight?"

"They're fine," Jacob suddenly says, his expression icy as he stares at Taylor's hand that rests on Stef's waist. "And sober. And that's how they'll stay,"

Before I know it Jacob has taken my already half empty beer from my hands, as well as Stefanie's, and then he leave the kitchen, his demeanor rigid.

"What the hell," I mutter to Stef. "What's his problem? Especially with you?"

"I don't know," Stefanie shrugs. "You know what he's like, he's a freak,"

I nod slowly, although that doesn't seem completely right to me. He's never been protective of Stefanie, too.