44.

it's all over
Arihah

"Janeli you cooking or I am?" I yelled from my room.

"You. Let's do cube steak and pork chop."

"Alright."

It was Sunday aka meal prep day. To save money for the both of us we would cook big on Sunday and put the food in containers to last during the week.

We barely spent any money on fast food and the only place I really go to is Chick Fil A.

I changed into my black leggings and a grey NYU hoodie.

Maxlin was sleep so this was a perfect time to get started on dinner.

Hearing my phone ring, I grabbed it and went to the kitchen.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby girl."

"Hey daddy. What you up to?"

"Was playing that basketball game with  Emmanuel. He's a sore loser foreal. He wanna win every game then be ready to break a controller when he lose."

I laughed. "He takes 2K really serious pops. How's everyone though? I texted Jared but he never replied."

He sighed. "Chaos. Jared overheard Veronica talking junk on the phone about how Bennet was and threw jabs at him too. He confronted her about it and they started arguing. Myles got into it and then she told both of them, Cajun should have killed Jared too like he planned."

I widened my eyes after hearing that. "Wait. So that means she knew about all this?"

"I think so. From my understanding she was getting treated better than Bennet when they were kidnapped. So I'm guessing Cajun had them being lenient on her but at the same time hurting her so it wouldn't look any type of way to Bennet. If they would have kidnapped Jared, he would have figured it out."

"True. So what did Unc do after that?" I asked, getting the box of elbow noodles from the cabinet.

"Told her to get all her belongings and get out. He gave her to 12AM and whatever else that was left after that time he was throwing it away. I was there by then and when the clocked turned 12 she was locked out. She was coming back in to get the rest but he ending up throwing her wigs in the trash, clothes, and shoes."

"Wow. Honestly I think she should have been out the house."

"Yeah I do too. She was causing a lot of drama.. things y'all don't even know. Her husband hit her with divorce papers too meaning all that expensive stuff she been getting will be done with. She'll probably go find another man. She even asked me to put money on Cajun's books."

"Sheesh. Y'all have a lot going on. Where she staying?"

"Back in Annapolis."

I shook my head. "Well how's Jared holding up?"

"His mind somewhere else 24/7. His attitude got worse. He just not the same Jared.. he don't joke around like he use to. V had told him, his mama should have aborted him like she planned and he let what she said get to him."