31.

don't play the song just yet!
the outcome
colieyon

It was five in the morning and we all were now just getting settled in.

After Jared stormed out the hospital we hadn't heard from him. Arihah ended up passing out but thank God her and the baby was okay.

I was upset. I was starting to have a good relationship with my brother and he was taken away from me. For what?

I just felt like something wasn't right. He left out right after Rih and Jared left. Someone had to see who it was and I know I didn't have enemies. I just knew this shooting was intentional and if it was, that meant that we were being watched the whole time.

"Y'all we might have to go to Maryland. Rih since you already took your exams you should be good school wise." Myles said.

"I'm not going to that house. Neither one of em." She responded.

"It's not safe to be here right now Arihah! I'm not about to argue with you about it either."

"If someone's watching us don't you think they have people in Maryland waiting? I know one thing tho, my mama ain't going back to that house and y'all gon' have to drag me out of here."

"Jason get ready to drag this child."

"Look. Maybe we just need to stay here," I suggested.

"To get killed next?" Bennet asked.

We heard the door opened and Jared came in with his eyes bloodshot red. He was crying and he was high.

"Where were you?" Uncle Myles went up to him.

"Get out my face."

"Who you talking to? Boy you must wanna get knocked down."

He went and sat down and closed his eyes.

"Jared and Bennet pack ya bags."

"Where we going?"

"Annapolis."

Jared started to laugh. "I ain't going there. Nah not to lay low. I can't do that. We did so much dirt that way so I know if somebody after us they there."

"You and Arihah really are stubborn. We aren't staying here!"

"Since you wanna leave so bad Myles, leave." Veronica spoke. "I'm pretty sure this is all happening because of y'all illegal doings back in the day. Now my nephew is dead!" She started to cry.

Fake.

"You was just talking about my brother the other day now you care?" I asked her.

She glared at me. "That was my nephew! I watched that child grow! I have a right to be emotional."

The door opened once again and a person everyone was looking for came in.

"Oh you finally showed up?" Jason asked.

"What's good?" Jared stood up, pulling his pants up.