3.

flashbacks
arihah

"Hello?" I said into the phone

"Hey what's up, princess?"

"Just getting settled in from school. What's up with you brother?"

"Making money to take care of myself and you. Ya' know the usual."

"I hear you but what was it that you wanted me to call you about?"

"Oh yeah. I was wondering if you wanted to spend your winter break with me."

"Of course I will but knowing mom she's going to–," I tried to explain before he cut me off.

"I don't care what that woman says. Weather she says yes or no, you still coming with me."

"Okay bro," I sighed.

"How did your day go?"

"It went," I said looking up at the ceiling.

"You wanna talk about it?"

"I rather not. Not at this moment but later."

"Aight just know you can always talk to me about anything. You need anything?"

"I know and nothing really just a charger for my phone."

"When you come imma get you a new phone and add you to my bill. From now on you don't have to ask that lady for nothing, you hear me?"

"Yeah bro I hear you. But why don't you want me to ask her for anything? I mean she doesn't do much now but why?"

"You may live with her but pops always told me to be there for you and protect you and that's what I'm doing. She messed up everything. It's obvious pops can't take care of you right now so it's only right I do so.

I'm 21 and I don't have kids but you my responsibility. Hopefully I can have you living with me by February."

"I love you," I said. That was the only thing I could bring myself to say to him. Without my dad I can honestly say my brother did a great job manning up and being there for me. "I don't know what else to say but I love you Dre."

"I love you too princess. Now go take a nap, you sound tired," he chuckled a little.

"Alright Dre. Be safe out there."

"Always. I gotchu princess."

After the call ended I starting thinking about how good the past was and how I missed some of the events from the past.
A lot of my hurt came from the people I never would have thought would have hurt me. I'm almost sixteen and I've experienced so many bad things it's crazy.

Ever since my dad was locked up Drelin was the man of the house and he took care of me. Everything I have right now? Most likely my brother brought it, not my mother.

My dad's in jail right now for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. You can get up to twenty years for that charge but he only got six because the judge was actually a nice black man and understood where my dad was coming from. You can get up to ten years for assault causing bodily harm but like I said, he only got six. He's been locked up since I was eleven and he'll get out when I'm seventeen. It hurt a lot to have him taken away from me and especially during that time you want your father and you need him.

It's all my mothers fault and it will forever be her fault.

I came back inside from my tree house because I wanted something to eat. I decided to put a hot pocket in the oven and pour me some red kool-aid. While my hot pocket was in the oven, I ran upstairs to take my iPod off charge. The closer I got to my room the more I heard something hitting against the wall and faint noises.
It was coming from my parents bedroom and it sounded like someone was hurt. The door was cracked a little so I peeked in to see my mom on top of someone. It wasn't my dad because he was working.
I was frightened. My brother was sixteen and I heard how him and his friends talked about girls. So I knew what this meant. I wanted to tell someone–more like my dad and brother.

To keep a secret like that from your dad and brother was a hard thing to do. Especially for me since I was a daddy's girl. Once my mom found out I knew, she forced me to keep my mouth shut. She bribed me. She beat me. She lied to me and told me the things she was going to do and get me if I kept my mouth shut. She hurt me.
She hurt all of us.

The reason my father is in prison is because of her. He was so hurt. I had no choice but to tell him after I was getting beat on from the guy my mother was cheating with. He seen the bruises, he seen the cuts, he seen the red marks, he seen the black and the blue. She watched me get abused from this guy.

My dad had just lost his bestfriend– my godfather, two days before he found out. My grandma– his mother had died three weeks before that. It was so much on him and we were all grieving at the time.

My mom claimed she didn't love my dad anymore and she loved the man she was with. He cheated on her once back in high school and she threw that in his face. She caught them kissing but he caught her doing worse with another man, his own friend actually.

It was so much going on and I was put right in the middle of it. There was more that everyone doesn't know. I want to keep it all in my head and just bury it forever. But my past keeps coming back up and not allowing me to.

thoughts on this chapter?🤔

i know this chapter wasn't much🙃.. but it's giving a insight on the past & a little bit of why Drelin (arihah's brother) doesn't like their mom & why arihah doesn't want to be in her presence.

thanks for the love on the previous two chapters!! i really appreciate it.💝

im already working on chapter 4 (its going to be long, just a heads up) so bare with me if its not uploaded by tonight or tomorrow.

pic of arihah at the top. her instagram name is: theyenvydiamondd

sorry for any errors..

comment.vote.share.📳