36.

new life
trey

Arihah's blood pressure went back up causing her pain which resulted in the doctor inducing her.

I was worried because both of them could die and it was way too early for my son to be born.

Instead of a C-section they were going to allow her to push.

Her mom and I were in the room with her while everyone else waited in the waiting room.

Hearing her groan I got beside her in the bed. Since she was laying on her left side I laid down beside her and rubbed her back.

"You picked a name?" I asked her lowly.

She nodded her head. We decided she was going to pick the first name and I'll pick the middle name.

Someone knocked at the door and NyLina went to get it.

"How's it going?" Myles came in looking around.

"It's going," Nylina responded. "What's in the bag?" She asked referring to the to go boxes inside the bag.

"Food. Rih you want a burger?"

"Yes." She mumbled.

"No." I responded. "She can't eat that right now. But you can get her some ice chips."

"Good, I didn't have to explain." Nylina threw her hands up. "On a bright note though, Rihah your dad might be on FaceTime when you're giving birth." She smiled.

"Ew. Why would he wanna see his child giving birth? I could barely look at my ugly child when he came out." Myles said.

"He won't actually be looking when the baby is coming out Myles. We'll have the tablet positioned where you'll see from her face and down but he won't see anything traumatizing."

Another knock came and a nurse walked in. She checked a few things and told us that it probably would be another hour before she starts to push.

Once she walked out I started to get nervous. I was never ready to become a father so early. I honestly didn't think I could do it. But walking out on Arihah and my child isn't an option. Have a thought about it? Yeah I have but it was only for a split second.

I got up out the bed and walked out the room. I was so nervous I started to sweat.

"God please don't let me fail my son." I talked to myself walking down the hall.

I noticed everyone in the waiting room but went on the other side where no one was. I needed some time to myself. I held my head down in my lap.

"You'll never be nothing in life! You're going to end up just like your father, a sorry excuse of a man! I'll hate if you ever become a father because you're going to be a disappointment in that child's life. Now get out my house and go run the streets like you always doing. I hope you have money to buy you some food 'cause if not you gon' starve."

After awhile I felt a presence over me so I looked up. Jared was standing there with his arms crossed looking down at me. He sat down beside me looking straight ahead. I could tell he was trying to find the right words to say so I didn't even speak.