23.

too much of too much
manny

"Which shoes?" Arihah asked me, while I watched her get dress on her bed.

"Look at my dab," I rapped with the music playing in the background. "Uh, the green ones."

"Thanks," she said slipping them on.

"Yeah. Aye, I need to talk to you tho, on the real."

"Like right now?" She paused.

"Nah in the car, let's go."

Looking at her outfit I realized Rih was really a tomboy. She had a on a grey sweatshirt, baggy denim overalls, and green Solange Pumas.

"Um okay. Let me get my jacket tho'," she scurried to her closet then came back. "K. I'm ready."

The plan was for me to take her to school today and then take to her to try out for her license after school and if she get them she can drive back.

"Is this the school where you and Jai graduated from?" She asked putting her seatbelt on.

"Yeah it's just too many kids in the school bruh. They was irritating then so I know they worse now."

"Pretty sure and I can't stand irritating people. You know? Like you. Anyways what you wanted to talk about?"

"You ain't slick and I haven't really talked to you since ya know so what's up with you?"

"I'm taking this thing one day at a time."

"You'n need nobody to talk to?"

"That's what you're here for."

"I'm not a consoler."

"A what?"

"A consoler. You know them people," I snapped my fingers. "Um what's they name? Oh yeah them psychic people."

"ManMan no. It's an therapist."

"Same song. Anyways you pregnant?"

She whipped her head so fast she could've got whiplash. "Are you calling me fat?"

I saw right through her.

"Do I need to remind you how many times you threw up last week?"

"You heard wrong."

"Thursday, Saturday, yesterday, and this morning."

She looked down. "Throwing up doesn't mean I'm pregnant."

"So you sick? Maybe we should take you to the doctors."

"Nah I um–"

"You pregnant."

She sighed. "I know I'm pregnant I just haven't took a test. I swear to you Manny if you tell Dre, it's on site."

"Pregnant people don't fight. But I'm not gon' tell him as long as you don't wait long. What's your plan?"

"Hopefully this time I don't get the baby beaten out of me," she chuckled. "But um, imma keep the baby. I can't abort no more," she mumbled the last part but I heard her.