Chapter 36

{ Chapter 36 }

The next day we all woke up & quickly ate breakfast. "So, where should we go today?" I asked "Don't we have school today?" Serenity asked "Yeah, but we're only skipping for today" Luke replied "Skipping school? Isn't that bad?" Serenity asked "Haha, Serenity's such a good girl" Michael replied "We're just skipping school for today, don't worry" I replied "O-Okay" she stuttered "But, won't Racella & Zhar get worried?" she asked. "No, we'll just say we were taking care of ummm," Luke said "You" he added "Me? Why would you have to take care of me?" she asked "Because you're gonna pretend you didn't feel good" he replied.

"But, I hate lying" Serenity said "Come on, just this once?" Luke asked "Uh, umm.." she replied "Awh, come-" I cut Luke off "Don't pressure her" I replied "It's okay if Racella & Zhar knows, k?" I added "Okay" they all replied. "I have an idea where we can go" Michael said "Where?" Calum asked "The Carnival" he replied "Carnival? That's a great idea!" Luke replied "What do you think?" I asked while looking at Serenity. At first she had a blank expression then smiled & said, "Okay!". After we all finished eating we all got quickly got dressed. Serenity stepped out of her room.

She was wearing the Mickey Mouse sweater I bought her the second day we met. "I haven't seen you wore that before" I said "You have, I just wore it a really long time ago" she replied "And I also use it whenever I'm cold at night" she added & smiled awkwardly "Well, you look really cute in it" I replied & smiled. "Ready to go?" I asked holding out my hand she just looked at it puzzled & grabbed my hand & said "Yup!" with a big smile. Since she has her driver's license, we drove to the carnival. First we played games. I won Serenity a huge stuffed Panda Bear. She looked really happy.

Pretty much all the guys played games to win Serenity stuffed animals. & she had quite a lot. We tried playing darts, but we ultimately failed. Until Serenity wanted to play. Darts was pretty much her game. After playing a lot of games we all got hungry & bought hot dogs. We waited for our food to digest & then went on rides. First we went on small roller coasters. Although the turns were pretty rough. "What should we ride next?" Luke asked "Over there!" Serenity pointed at the teacups & ran there like a little kid. The guys looked at me & said "Go Ashton, we're staying here". I went with Serenity on the teacups & she was laughing & smiling like a little kid.

It's like she has her childhood back. Her laughing & smiling expression made me happy too. This is pretty much one of the days I've seen her laugh & smile the most. After teacups we went on the bumper cars. We all pretty much bumped Serenity. She was pretty much everyone's target. So I decided to be on her team since everyone's after her. Then it was all of us against the other people. We pretty much got a lot of people, & they got back at us. After that we went to Serenity's car, put the stuffed animals in the back & then I started driving us back to our apartment because Serenity was tired.

I looked at back at the guys sleeping & then looked over to the passenger's seat where I saw Serenity leaning her head against her seatbelt slowly closing her eyes. "Serenity, did you have fun today?" I asked "Yeah, lots of fun.." she said quietly & started falling asleep. I looked at her quickly, smiled then looked back at the road.

[ Serenity's POV ]

"Serenity, did you have fun?" Ashton asked "Yeah, lots of fun.." I replied & slowly closed my eyes & thought to myself, "This is the last day I'll be spending with you guys.." then out of nowhere I fell asleep. When we got back to our apartment Ashton woke all of us up took the stuffed animals from the trunk & then we all went up to our apartment & went to sleep. Ashton set the stuffed animals next to my bed. As soon as Ashton got out of my room, I got up out of bed, took out my suitcase & started packing because tomorrow. After I finished packing all my things, belongings. I wrote a letter the guys why they wouldn't see me tomorrow. As I was writing the letter a tear fell from eyes.