Chapter 23

{ Chapter 23 }

After school I hung out with Ashton. Racella & Zhar was with Emily. Emily was just looking at me & giving me 'the look'. I looked away & ignored her. "You okay?" Ashton asked "Yeah, let's just go home" I replied "Okay" he replied as we continued walking home. On my way home I kept thinking about how everyone hates me, & how long it'll last. I had a feeling it would last all year if Emily stays here. But, then again they'd still probably ignore me.. A little while later I thought of an idea. I could tape record what she says & show it to them. I bought a tape recorder & looked around school for Emily. I finally found her. "Hey Emily!" I said but she didn't reply "It's been awhile since we talked alone together" I added but she still didn't reply. "Cat got your tongue?" I asked "Are you here to insult me again?" she asked with a soft voice "It's useless to play that game, we are alone" I replied.

"That's what scares me.. you aren't violent right?" she asked "You know very well, I'm not" I replied "N-No. I don't know anything about you. What I thought I knew, you proved to me wrong" she replied. "Shit.. does she know what I'm up to?" I asked myself. "What are you doing?" she asked "I'm just looking at you, that's all" I replied. How could she have such a fake sad voice while keeping that silly grin on her face? "Don't get close to me!" she yelled "No way! I'm not letting you get me this time!" I replied as I was about to leave the room she jumped on me which caused me us both to fall backwards. She snatched the tape recorder out of my pocket & stopped it.

"What do you take me for? An idiot?" she asked "If only you knew how many idiots tried of catch me with one of these.." she added & played the tape which made it sound like I jumped her. "If I wanted this to go any further I would've hit myself hard enough to leave a mark" she said "You're horrible.." I replied "If you kept quiet like Nathaniel you wouldn't be having these problems, if you'll excuse me I'll be showing this to Peggy" she replied "No! Give it back! It's mine!" I replied. She pushed me hard enough to make me fall down. "Don't get in my way" she said & looked for Peggy. "Peggy's the news reporter for this school.. I have to find Emily before she shows it to her!" I thought to myself & got up & looked for her.

I finally found her in the staircase with Peggy. "Peggy! It's not what you think!" I said "You've been saying that quite a lot lately.." Emily replied "Because it's the truth!" I replied "Did she hurt you? Because if she did & I posted an article about it the principal would take away my privileges to write for the school paper" Peggy replied "No it's fine, I defended myself" she replied "Great! Thanks Serenity! What would I do without your mistakes or low blows?" she asked "No! Please! That's not what happened! She knew I was recording her & she turned it against me!" I replied "How could you turn a recording against someone? All it does is record.." she replied. "She's good.." I thought to myself.

"I hope you don't become a lawyer someday, otherwise you'll never save your clients" Peggy said & left me alone with Emily. "I always liked Peggy! How bout you?" she asked & smiled "You're horrible.." I replied. I wanted to try to fix things but it looks like I just made things worse.. as I was walking out of the hallway I saw Nathaniel. I didn't feel like talking right now so I just ignored him. How am I gonna unmask Emily? This is a tough opponent..