Chapter 22

{ Chapter 22 }

The next day I woke up we ate breakfast then started walking to school. When we made it to school I saw Castiel. "Castiel! Some weird girl was looking for you yesterday" I said "Why are you talking about yourself?" he replied & smirked "I'm serious! Her name's Emily" I replied "Emily? She's back?" he asked "I guess.." I replied "Thanks for letting me know" he replied "Wait, can I ask you something?" I asked "What?" he asked "Why do you hate Nath?" I asked "That's between me & him" he replied & walked away. "I should ask Nath.. Maybe he might actually tell me.." I thought to myself & went to the council room.

I asked him if he knew Emily & told her she was here. "She's back?" he asked with an uneasy look "Yeah, why do you know her?" I asked "Yeah.. she's the reason why me & Castiel hate each other" he replied "What happened?" I asked "It's between the 3 of us" he replied "Please?" I asked with puppy dog eyes. "Fine.." he said "I over heard her talking to someone that wanted to represent her as a professional singer so she saw me & I went back to the Council Room as she followed" he added "What happened?" I asked "She started flirting with me, making me put my hands around her waist. I kept moving away from her but she still kept making me put my hands around her waist as Castiel misunderstood" he replied.

"What did Emily say when she saw him walk in?" I asked "It was a misunderstanding but, he just thought she was taking my side" he replied "And?" I replied "I said it was misunderstanding as he threw a punch & we started fighting" he replied "So, Emily was the reason why you two never became friends?" I asked "Yeah" he replied "Oh.." I replied & left the Council Room. Emily was talking to Racella, Zhar, Calum, Luke & Michael. Ashton was still with me. The boys were gesturing for Ashton to hang out with them but he didn't want too. I don't understand, I've known the boys longer & they choose her side.

After school we walked home together. The boys ignored me. The only one that talked to me was Ashton. I went into my room and sighed. "Everyone hates me.." I thought to myself "Are you okay?" Ashton asked slowly opening the door & walking in "No" I replied "If you need a shoulder to cry on, I'm here" he replied & smiled as I went closer to him & cried on his shoulder. "Don't worry, you're not alone, k?" he said patting my head slowly. For some reason, I calmed down a little bit. I went to sleep with Ashton beside me. I slowly leaned on chest & closed my eyes.

** Next Day **

Same average morning. The boys still ignored me. I need to figure out a way to unmask Emily. But, how? I don't have much people by my side. I just have Ashton & Nath. No one else. The bell rang & we went our separate ways. During break I went to the Courtyard where I saw Castiel mad. He walked towards me. "Why?" he asked "What do you mean?" I asked "Why'd you do that to her yesterday?" he asked "I didn't-" he cut me off & headed into the hall going to the basement. I followed him. Now I really knew he was on her side.

"I didn't do that" I said "Then who did?" he asked. I didn't reply. "Who did it?!" he yelled. I still didn't reply. "I-I can't tell you.. but I'm saying this now so you won't get hurt again. Don't go with her" I said "Why not?" he asked "She's just gonna hurt you again" I replied "Castiel, just please don't-" he cut me off "Just go" he replied "But, Castiel I'm only saying this because I care you can't go with her" I replied "Please don't" I added & gave him a hug with watery eyes. "Go" he said while clenching his fist as I left the basment & walked away. I heard a huge noise from the basement. I wanted to go back but, he didn't want to see me anymore.

I started to cry. Ashton spotted me. "Are you okay?" he asked I nodded 'No' as he gave me a hug. "Wouldn't listen to you?" he asked as I nodded "You're such a cute sensitive girl" he said & smiled "Don't worry, it'll be better" he added "When?" I asked "Soon" he replied & gave me a tight hug. That was when I let all of my tears come out. I couldn't hold it in anymore. Me & Ashton went into the gymnasium & talked. "I feel alone" I said "You're not alone" Ashton replied "I'm still here, I'm still by your side" he added & smiled "I'll never leave your side" he added again as I gave him a small smile & a hug "Thanks.." I replied "Hm? For what?" he asked "Everything I guess" I replied. After school we hung out at the back where the big tree was. We talked & talked. He made me laugh & smile a lot which sort of made me forget about everything that was going on in this school.