Chapter twenty nine - Olivia / Eduard

Olivias POV:
I take the note carefully out of his hand but drop it as soon as I read this one dreadful word.

Death.

Of course. This must be a banshee reaction. Kyla turns even paler and looks at me with wide opened eyes. She trembles I don't know what to do. But maybe Eduard does. Maybe he knew a banshee somewhen...

Me: Eduard? What do we do?

Eduard: Nothing. Whoever it is we can't do anything. She'd need her soulmate to help. There is only one soulmate for a banshee.

His voice is sad. Then Kyla picks up the piece of paper.

Jasper.

Me: Kyla...I know...

She shakes her head. Her eyes are panicked.

Me: What's the matter?

She slowly stops trembling. Then she carefully stands up and sits on the bed.

Me: Is it better.

Kyla: It...yes. But you don't understand. I was feeling Jasper. It was his death I just predicted. How is that possible?

Eduard: Come on, I'll take you to a friend of mine.

A few minutes later we are in Eduards car. He drives through the whole town. I notice a few cars following us. I try to see the driver, then notice that those are Logans men. I would have expected them to be in black expensive cars, but actually the cars are just...normal. Well...it does attract less attention this way.

Eduards POV:

I drive out of town. Logans men are still following. I know that the ones around town will stay anyway in case someone sneaks into our homes while we are gone. The drive will take about 20 minutes, so I decide to turn on some music. Kyla on the backseat keeps texting with someone. Olivia's sitting next to me and looks out of the window. Well at least she pretends to. But everytime she thinks I'm not looking she turns towards me, studying my face. It's so adorable. I put one of my hands on her thigh. She shudders under my touch. I draw tiny circles onto her skin, ehich makes her tremble under my touch. She lies a hand on top of mine and links our fingers. I smile at her.

Olivia: You know I really wouldn't mind you reading my thoughts...

Me: Right now or in general?

Olivia: I meant in general but you can do it right now if younwant to. Honestly I don't mind. Not at all.

Me: You sure about that?

Olivia: Yeah. I trust you.

Of course I don't hear her as she hears me. For me her inner voice is like music. But she doesn't even know exactly what I hear. No one thinks every single thought activly. Most of our thoughts are passive ones. I can hear those too. And of course when she wants to say something to me. But when for example I talk to her she hears my voice in her head. For me, her thoughts sound like the voice of an angek coming from her direction. I don't even hear her thoughts in my head, they literally come from her.

Me: We're here.

I pull up a long driveway. Here is a giant old house with a mass of trees on all sides of it.

Olivia: Woah...this is amazing.

Me: I know...

She looks at me questioning. Ah so that was a passive thought.