Chapter twenty three - Olivia

Nik takes us to the flat. As soon as we're there, he sits on the sofa. What the...? I thought he should go back to Logan or something....

Nik: I was told to stay with you!

Ah...okay...umm...

Nik: You have a problem with that?

He sounds annoyed. I'm the one who has the right to be annoyed, he's reading MY fucking mind!

Me: Could you please stop this? It's annoying.

And actually I do have a problem with it, I wanted to talk to Kyla. Without anyone listening.

Nik: Oh, you wanted to tell her? Well I'm sorry but I was told to stay thus I stay. I can occupy myself though, so you can have a private chat.

He doesn't sound angry anymore. That's good. I don't need an angry vampire here right now. That wouldn't help anyone.

Nik: You know that I couldn't even hurt you if I wanted to, Eduard and Logan would kill me. Both of 'em. And I wouldn't anyway.

Kyla taps my shoulder before I can respond.

Kyla: Umm...would you mind telling me what the hell is going on?

Me: Well...about that

I walk into the bedroom and Kyla follows me. As soon as we are both seated on the bed, I start talking. I tell Kyla everything. About vampires and werewolves, so obviously I also tell her who is what. I tell her everything.
She starts gigling when I talk about Eduard and me making out while he drinks from me.

Kyla: Did that hurt?

I blush.

Me: Errm...well yeah but in a very...intimate way...

She raises her eyebrows and bursts out laughing. It's nice to see her laughing right now...we all need it.

Me: I wanted to spare you from this mess. But somehow I think it's better for us both to know everything. No more secrets from now on!

She turns serious again.

Kyla: Uh... I have to tell you something. I couldn't find the time to do so yet. Can the guy outside hear us?

Oh shit! I completely forgot about him. Oh no! That means he heard everything. Like seriously I hade a nice girl take here...very detailed if you understand. And he's sitting out there...OMG how could I forget?????

Kyla: Hello? Livvy? What's the matter?

Me: He can hear. I forgot.

She seems to think, then a grin spreads over her face. She wiggles her eyebrows again.

Kyla: Well then he definitely knows how you like making ou...

I cover her mouth with my hand. She gigles some more.

Me: You wanted to tell me something?

Nik: Not with me listening.

Me: Then DON'T LISTEN!

Kyla looks at me weirdly. Oh. I said that out loud...I nod towards the door and she understands.

Nik: Okay I'll turn on the tv and stay outta your thoughts for now. You happy?

I nod eventhough he can't see. Kyla looks stuned.

Kyla: He talked. In. My. Head. That. Is. So. Cool.

I laugh.

Me: Sadly he tends to do that too often...

Kyla: So....I guess now you should know that I'm...err...not human.

What? Not her, please not her!

Me: You are a vampire? Why didn't Eduard sense you?

Kyla: Because I am not. Did he tell you about banshees?

Me: He err... mentioned them once I think...something about how to create a vampire...

She turns pale. Did I say something? I pull her into my arms.

Kyla: That must be the price!

What?

Kyla: Ja....Jasper helped me find out stuff about us banshees and we found that if a person dies and one of us is present with his or her soul mate the person can be resurrected but that this comes with a price. The price is that the person will be a vampire, Livvy.

She stopps. Then she starts crying. I pull her closer and try to soothe her. Both of our friends are gone. What could I possibly say to make her feel any better?

Kyla: You know, Jasper was my soul mate. A soul mate is necessary for us. Without him there I'm just empty. It feels like I lost a part of myself. And I am also so afraid of these people that are supposed to come for me. A fortuneteller told me that there are people out for banshees like me. With him I felt safe but now I'm so paranoid. I don't know what to do anymore. It's soo...

She sobbs again.

Kyla: Banshees have very mixed up feelings. More than humans. Mates contoll those feelings but right now they're just all over the place. Livvy what do I do?

I don't know. I have no idea. I can't even imagine what it must be like for her, I am already at my limit and none of them was my boyfriend and soul mate.

Nik: Olivia, Someone is coming.

I hear a car. He must've heard it before me. The car stopps and I hear someone rushing inside. I grab Kyla and we run towards Nik to hide behind him. The door opens and...

Hey,
How r y'all?
I am dearly sorry that I do not post regularly, I have a lot going on in school but I promise I will try to write more often in future.
Till then,
Have a nice day and please vote if you liked it.
Byeee