"I would do anything for you and our family" I replied.

Donnie headed to the DJ booth and took the microphone. He was making a speech,  we had agreed that there would be none so I had nothing prepared.

"thank you everyone for coming , I know it's not exactly local. You all being here means more than anyone will ever know. I want to take a moment to thank my parents for hosting this wonderful day,  its great that you were so involved in our wedding. You have been the best parents that I could have wished for. Everything I have is because of you. I would like to finally thank my beautiful wife. Emily is only 19 but she is the kindest most independent woman I have ever met. We have received so much hate over our relationship but she stood with me even when everything became hard. We have so many years ahead of us, so many more adventures. I love you kid."

I was crying, Donnie wasn't the most well spoken but he was so loving and considerate. Every word he said was honest.

I had asked our photographer to take as many photos of June as he could and he didn't disappoint. He took photos of us all with her, it was morbid but I knew we wouldn't have much more time with her.

Our special day was going too fast, before I knew it the band and bar was packing up. I checked Donnies watch and was shocked to see it was 1am. Fred and June were still awake and were slow dancing together. I hoped Donnie and I were still that much in love when we had been married 35 years.

"were going to bed,  thank you for such a wonderful day" I said as I kissed them.

Donnie said his own goodbyes before he took me In his arms and carried me to our room.

"did you see how happy my mum was" Donnie asked.

"I did, I couldn't dream for a better wedding" I replied honestly. It was true, we could have had the big extravagant wedding we had originally dreamed of but it would be nothing if Donnies mother wasn't there. Family was the most important thing and it always would be.

Donnie kissed my neck as he pulled the hairpins from my hair. Donnies hands trailed down my neck and chest. my heavy wedding dress was stopping him from going further, i moved forward allowing Donnie to unzip me. My breasts were freed and were immediately in his mouth, he sucked at my sensitive nipples as i pushed my dress down my legs. i pulled at his shirt fiercely making the buttons go flying. I felt the spatter of chest hair under my fingers, i ran my hands across his broad chest. I wanted this man more than i wanted my next breath.  without warning Donnie entered me harshly making me jump. he needed me as much as i needed him , within minutes we were coming together. we fell back on the bed and slept in each others arms. If this was married life then it was going to be a breeze.

----------------------------------------------
The day we were officially married was a cool Tuesday, we had been so excited to sign the papers. It was the first day we had been out of the house for longer than a few hours in weeks. The day after our wedding we woke up to a private ambulance taking June to a hospice. June told us she had arranged it weeks earlier, we didn't want her to go but she had made her decision. Fred left in the ambulance with her, I saw him holding her frail hand as the doors closed.

Donnie was understandably upset , although he knew deep down that it was the right thing for her. In the private hospice she would get everything she needed and more professional care, I promised we would visit her every day.

"Let's get some photos for your mums room , make it feel like she's at home" I suggested as I took Donnies hand in my own.
"Ok kid"

We gathered June's things, her favourite mug, a vase,  books, family photos and even the patchwork comforter her grandmother had made years before.

We had just bought some fresh daisies and were on our way to the hospice. Buck had joined us, he was usually a proud strong man but even he was affected by the days events. I looked in the car mirror and saw his glum face, it broke my heart to see such a wonderful family going through this.

"You ok kid" Donnie asked , I didn't realise I had been staring blankly ahead.

"I just want to make your mums room comfortable" I answered.

"I never would have thought of doing all this, she will appreciate it" he replied as he kissed my knuckles.

"Do you want to go to the cinema tonight, that romance film you wanted to see is out " Donnie suggested.

I wasn't sure I really did want to go but now that June didn't need my undivided attention I guess life needed some sort of normality again.

"Yeah ok, are you coming Buck" I joked.

"I would rather have another stroke" he replied.

The tension in the car was broken, Donnie and I laughed at his dry answer. Buck was known for being stubborn and a little grumpy, he really was the typical grandad.

June had been pleased to see all her treasured items in her room when she woke, we spent a few hours with her before heading to the cinema for the night. It was the first time in months we had done something just for us , it felt so odd.

We strolled hand in hand into the cinema like any other couple. Donnie for recognised so many times that night but same as always he would sign autographs and pose for photos without complaint. I even got asked for a photo taking that was the first time ever I had been asked.

We bought our snacks and slipped into the film, we sat at the back of the almost empty cinema and for the first time in months relaxed. Donnie would occasionally stuff his face full of popcorn making his cheeks pop out. Whatever we did he made it special , he held my hand in his and was constantly showered me with kisses.

I honestly didn't pay attention to the films plot, my attention was on my new husband and how truly lucky I was.

NEXT CHAPTER TUESDAY 9AM