Part 13~

Heyyy! Recently, I decided to enter a writing competition! I wrote a poem dedicated to the Anzac's. Wish me luck~

RUKIA'S POV

"I don't... understand.." I wail, "Why did it end up like this? Ichigo.. I don't-.."

"Shh..." Ichigo continues to hold me tight in his arms, his warmth, his life, merging with my own. I honestly would be fine if he never let go, "Know that I am always here for you Rukia, you are a very dear friend to me and please understand that I am so sorry for what I did. It was really inconsiderate of me, I messed up big time, and I really regret it."

"You big idiot..." I feel my tears dry up, just like that and he's mended a crack in my broken heart. I don't need diamonds, what I need is gold. Ichigo will always be my gold.

I feel his gentle arms retract, leaving my body almost feeling cold. I fight the urge to hug him, to wrap my selfish frozen arms around his warmth.

"I don't expect you to forgive me, Rukia. I have no excuse for what I blindly did, I just hope we can still be friends." Ichigo looks me in eye, I can tell he means what he says.

"Do you really... love Orihime?" I ask, my voice weak.

Ichigo doesn't answer at first, almost as if he doesn't know what to say, "Of course I do... I need to protect her, she can't defend herself, I need to stay at her side and make sure she stays safe."

"Then protect her with your heart and soul, give your life for her if need be." I clench my fists, how lucky you are, Orihime.

"Of course," Ichigo smiles, "Are you better now? Can I put that knife away before dad gets home?"

"My diamond?" I hesitantly respond, "No, I'd like to keep it if that's okay. It will serve as a reminder never to be so foolish again, I won't fall victim to love once more. This blade of this diamond will form my resolve." I can't lose this too... I need something to stop me from making the same mistakes twice.

"Rukia..." Ichigo steps forward, "One day, you'll find someone you really love. I-I have to protect Orihime, but you, your free to love whoever you choose. Make sure whoever your heart finds its way to, that you give to them the love I couldn't accept."

I look at the floor, "Ichigo, I will never love again. I am a soul reaper, I don't need such things as love, I died a long time ago... what use does a ghost have for love?"

"You'll see," Ichigo states smiling brightly, "One day they'll be someone you just can't resist."

(THIS CHAPTER IS THE TRUE ENDING OF THIS BOOK. Orihime won. I honestly can't stand the ichihime ship however, some people know this and thought Rukia to win, so I was like hah, no. It's my policy to be unpredictable. If you read on, you will find a second ending. Kind of like a video game with multiple ways to finish the story. Be warned though, it's... kind of. I don't really know how to explain, but. Yeah. If your going to stop here then thank you very much for reading! If your going to continue on, then good luck!)