Part 3~

Rukia didn't talk to Ichigo when he got back from school, she even refused to eat in the same room as him much to the confusion of the rest of the Kurosaki family. When night came and Ichigo was studying for an upcoming exam, Rukia locked herself in his closet staring at the cracked wooden Chappy she had made.

She was disappointed. She was so sure that Ichigo would like the gift, but she was wrong. Ichigo hated it. Rukia curled up in a ball still cuddling the monsterous Chappy, tomorrow would be Saturday. A new day. Rukia was sure she would be over it by morning. Sleep swallowed Rukia whole as her exhaustion overcame her. The night was peaceful.

The next morning Rukia woke to the sun creeping in through the crack in the closet. She felt well rested and in a generally good mood, she could feel it, today would be a good day. Rukia threw off her pjs and changed into the dress Uyru had made for. It was light blue with a few frills on the bottom.

"Rukia, are you awake? Breakfast is ready!" Ichigo's voice rang from down the stairs, for some reason, Rukia was rather glad to hear it.

"I'm coming, one moment!" She called back as she fixed her hair with a brush.

Rukia ran down the stairs drawn by the overwhelming smell of bacon and eggs, her favourite. Ichigo's sisters and his father were all waiting for her at the table, a plate of bacon was set aside for Rukia at her usual spot. Ichigo however, was nowhere to be seen.

"Good morning," she smiled as she said down, "Thank you very much for the food, it looks delicious."

"I sure hope it is!" Yuzu cheeped, "But Ichigo left in such a hurry, he said he had something to set up so he couldn't stay to eat it..."

"Step up?" Rukia echoed through a mouth full of bacon, "But he was just here a minute ago?"

"Yup but how's he gone, that's my son for you, ahh youth, wonderful youth~" Ichigo's father sang.

Rukia lost her hunger, she was so curious. What was Ichigo setting up? Where, why? "Um... do you have any idea of where Ichigo might have gone?"

"I think he said he was going to the park... He said something about a surprise for you, he's making it with Orihime. I think." Karin answered.

Orihime, why did that name suddenly bother Rukia? Orihime was Rukia's best human friend, they'd known each other for almost two years now, so why the sudden change? "Oh ok, thanks. I'll go down after breakfast then."

Rukia finished her meal, cleaned up her dishes and brushed her teeth. Finally, it was time.

Just what was Ichigo hiding from her?