Part 8~

Three days. It's been three days since Orihime collapsed under the pressure of her own power. She's still sleeping, resting her soul in the same gigai. Why did this have to happen?

Ichigo hasn't left Kisuke's shop this entire time, he sleeps by Orihime's lifeless side and eats very little. It's been up to me to convince his family he's still staying at Chad's house. Does he not realise I'm suffering too?

The teachers at school have grown suspicious. Chad and I have been working together to think up all sorts of excuses as to why both Orihime and Ichigo are missing, but it's tough to sound believable. When will this end?

I'm on my way now to Kisuke's tiny candy store, the wind and rain are pulling me back, they know it's no good that I go there, they know my despair will only grow. But my heart is like a machine that only knows one command, to stand always by Ichigo's side.

The clouds crackle with laughter, booming at my pitiful state. It's seems the very world is against me being with him, not that we're even a couple. But if this world won't accept it, then I'll simply go to another, and if that world too thinks the same, then I'll abandon it and move onto the next. I am a proud Soul Reaper, my resolve won't be shaken so easily.

-

Before me looms a sad little store, the rain and wind have ripped away at the roof with puddles growing like stains around the entrance. This is the place. I enter without a word, voices aren't needed here any longer. There's nothing to be said.

I walk towards a small room near the back of the store, the room Orihime is currently occupying. I approach the door, expecting to see Ichigo grimly waiting by an orange haired sleeping beauty's side. But nobody is there. "Ichigo?" I whisper, "Hello? Is anyone here?"

I suddenly hear a loud sob coming from the other end of the store, it's Ichigo's. My eyes widen and my heart threatens to lash out from within my chest, something is terrible wrong.

Has Orihime... died?