Odalis stood in front of me. She patted my back before wrapping her arms around me. "Shh."

I ain't no baby. Shh? How is that going to help console me? I ain't sobbing. Just a few tears coming out my eyes. I thought at least she would give me a speech about him being alright. Instead she tells me to be quiet. Nah. I'm good. The only thing Odalis is good for is pleasing my Daddy. She need to read a book about parenting if she ever wants me to open up to her.

Shrugging her off I politely pushed her away, "I'm fine." I lied.

"Jaylen I-"

"It's cool. I'm going to start in the kitchen."

Odalis reached for my arm. Forcing myself from shrugging her off I relaxed. "I'll clean everything up. Santana should be back soon to help. Just make sure you tidy your room Jaylen."

I nodded my head before heading upstairs. Scratching the back of my head I thought about the news. How they didn't mention the police officer that shot Tay too. Shaking my head I left the thought alone. Justice will be served sooner or later.

After cleaning my room I changed into my Adidas fit. Shooting hoops at the park or hanging with my boys always calmed my nerves.

Chad hit me up telling me to come slide to his house to pick him and Omar up. Grabbing my keys off my dresser I headed out.

"Bruh, guess who left his stash out?" Omar white ass said. He pulled out a bottle of Grey Goose vodka from his bag he carried on his shoulder.

Chad grabbed it from him. Wanting a taste himself. "Now this is what i'm talking about." Popping the cap open using his teeth he took a sip.

I laughed at him. "Bruh. Who the hell opens a bottle with they teeth? You on something."

Omar had the bottle opener in his hands looking confused. "I could've opened it."

Chad and I laughed at his ass. Too late. Chad gave no fucks. Handing the bottle back to Omar he let out an 'ah' sound. "Now that's some good ass liquor my friend."

Once I approached the red light Omar handed me the drink. Taking a gulp I squeezed my eyes shut as the bitter taste went down. "Ah fuck" I said before I started coughing. Chad started hitting my back. All three of us laughing.

"Aye, I say we go to Hawaii hut. It's summer and there has to be some fine chicks at the pool." Chad suggested. I'm down for whatever. Tired of all the negativity around me. I'm just ready to get it in.

Omar leaned in-between the seats, "You think Nicky is going to be there?"

I burst out laughing. "Ion know why yo ass sweating that rotten banana peel. I never heard of black girls with freckles."

"Nicky cute man. Leave Omar. Besides, she way better than thotlisa."

"There ain't nun wrong with thotlisa's appearance except for that black hole between her legs. Shit look crusty too." I cringed a little just thinking about it. She gonna need surgery for all that to look decent again.

Chad laughed but, Omar didn't.

"Why you always judging people for? Nicky is beautiful. You just don't like her cuz she wouldn't look twice at your ass." Omar defended the girl. He don't even know if she like him.

I ain't gonna lie. I did try to holla at ole girl back when she was a freshman. Her stuck up ass said no cuz' I broke her friend heart. After that I ain't like her.

"Omar whatever. She alright but she ain't no Sienna Moore."

Even Chad had to whistle about that honey. Sienna is this pretty ass, black female. She mixed though with some Dominican. Small tits but big ass. She's brown skin with a short cut hairstyle. She reminded me of Keri Hilson but, a darker version. Some of the girls on the cheerleading team said she has a thing for one of us boys off the basketball team. I always caught her looking and smiling at me. I know she crushing, but at the same time I don't. We've never had a conversation before.