CH 8: HAMMER OF THE GODS: PART 1

Start from the beginning

Angelica's face became white as a ghost. She had expected Gabriel to meet the gods. But not in front of her, not then. When she zoned back into the conversation, she heard Dean say,

"Gank a few of them if we're lucky..."

"And when are you ever lucky?" She heard a voice directly behind her.

"Okay, you know what, bite me, Gabriel." She heard Dean say.

"Maybe later, big boy."

As if it were a reflex, she jumped and hugged the man behind her.

He hugged her back. He got equal amounts of pain and happiness from this little act, as it made him content to know she was there for him, and also extremely nervous to know that she was there.

He explained how it was not the night of the Battle. He said he was going to undo the goddess' blood spell on the boys and her. She knew he was going to do something dangerous.

"I need to talk to him for a moment." She said before Gabriel was about to leave.

Sam and Dean stared at her. She looked at him seriously. "Alone."

Without another word Gabriel zapped himself and her into another room. It was dimly lit.

"I'm not gonna let you do this alone! I'm coming with you and that's final." She said with tears in her eyes holding one of his hands in both of hers.

"Angelica, no." He said sternly.

"Yes, Gabriel." She had a very persuasive tone. He knew she meant business when she referred to him as Gabriel instead of Gabe or Dumbo.

He took her hand closer and looked her in the eyes.

"Angelica?" she did not look at him back.

"You could die!" was all she said in a very quiet timbre.

"Hey. Stop it. I'm gonna be fine. You're gonna be fine. We'll make it out of this. Plus, we have so many places to go! We still haven't gone to Thailand, Disneyland and of course Brazil! How could I possibly die?" He tried to laugh it off.

He knew it won't work; not this time. She still remained stiff as a stone.

He began, "Look, Angela. You cannot do this, okay? I would never let you. I know it's dangerous. But I'm gonna try my best to survive. We're all gonna try. And if we make it out, great! If we don't, well, it's a hunter's life for you, and I'll finally find out where angels go after dying! I cannot let any harm beset you, because I'm an angel. But you cannot prevent any harm from coming to me, since you're not."

She did not take it otherwise.

"Now I'm gonna leave. And I wanna see you smile. Because if this is the last time I'm seeing you, honey, I wanna capture that beautiful expression forever." He smiled. Wiping her tears, she kissed him on the cheek. "Good luck." Was all that came out of her.

He smiled at her and then flew away.

Before Gabriel disappeared, he zapped Angelica back into the motel room with Sam and Dean. They asked her to come with them in order to free the remaining pedestrians. But once again they were caught, and thrown back into the ballroom with the gods. She saw the goddess sitting on Gabriel.

He asked her, "How long have you known?"

"Long enough." She replied. She stared at Angelica.

"She has nothing to do with this, I swear." Gabriel whispered to the goddess. Angelica did not hear him.

" Yes. Yes, she does. And you know I hate you. And I hate her." She whispered back to him.

All Angelica could think right now was what was going to happen next. She knew the goddess had found out about Gabriel's real identity. And she was scared for his life. Even if he survived her wrath, she was scared of what kismet held for them in the very near future. Before she could think further, she heard the goddess say "I'm sorry." And then she stabbed Gabriel.

Angelica screamed. But to no avail. She saw the angelic light disappear from his lifeless form. All blood drained from her voice and the tears now had no boundaries. Dean said something she did not hear and then he dragged her outside with him. While they were outside he went to the Impala. He came out a while later and said to her.

"Why the hell are you crying, huh? That dumbass is alive!"

Angelica stopped suddenly. Her joy knew no bounds but she did not smile. Just the tears stopped. Then she remembered he told her once he never gave anyone his real sword. The ones that were owned by anyone were made out of cola cans. Overjoyed, she hugged Dean. He didn't say anything. He just held her tight. They went inside.

ory_up/