CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE: OUT-OF-BODY

*Beep*

I look over to the camera and see a little red light turn on. This probably means that... the woman figured out that it was off. 

"Like I said, I am not eating this," I say trying to cover up what was being said earlier. Ethan is still standing in front of me and Gray is standing on his side of the room. We are both hand-cuffed, thankfully we are. If we weren't, it would be hard to cover up what was going on. 

"I can't force you to finish it then," he says taking steps back. He turns to Grayson and walks towards him. "You love eating, macaroni and cheese is your favorite." 

"Take one more step closer and I will slap the-"

"JUST," I yell cutting Grayson off, "-just take the trays away from us. 

"I rather leave them here so you can eat them when you like," he says. He walks over to the door. Grayson slides his back down the wall behind him and sits on the ground. Ethan hesitates before grabbing the doorknob. He looks back, and proceeds with opening the door. 

"I'll pick up the trays later." He leaves the room. 

It is just Gray and I now. We have to be careful with what we say because we do not want to give away what Ethan just told us. Is she watching us?

"Sleep Johanna," Grayson whispers. 

"I'm not tired though I literally jus-"

"Please," he says with a break in his voice. "Try, please."

I lay down, keeping my hand near the pole since it is hand-cuffed to it. I am still surprised that I am not strong enough to get it off me. I shut my eyes and think. Think about Ethan and our small conversation. The new information he told me about the mystery night. I think about Grayson, and how Ethan did not even try to convince him of anything. Maybe he knew Grayson would believe him right away. 

"It isn't working Gray," I say to him sitting back up. "I can't sleep." 

Grayson does not listen to me. He is probably upset at me and thinks I am not trying hard enough. I know if I sleep I might be able to get more information on how to get out of here, but I just can't. 

"Grayson I am trying," I say calmly. I want to hide the fact that I am some what scared. 

He stares at his tray of food. I know he is hungry but he rather not risk anything. I stand up and continue to look at him. I walk towards him, not being stopped by the hand cuff. I look down and see myself laying down. I-I am not real...I am sleeping. 

"Grayson can you hear me?" No response. No wonder he wasn't responding. 

I kneel in front of him and place my hand on his cheek. He looks up at me and shines his bright yellow eyes. 

"Hanna," he whispers. 

"Shhhhh," I whisper back. "She is watching. I'll be back. Scream if you need me, I will be able to hear you." 

He doesn't do anything back. He is being watching through the camera. I walk through the door and into the hallway. 

Wesley

I have an opportunity to find him. I need to find him. When we get out of here, I can't leave him behind. I walk down the hallway and look through the one way glasses that show empty rooms. Wesley has to be in one of these rooms. 

Found him. My heart races. I haven't seen him since I loss my memories. I walk through the door and slowly approach him. Bruised eye, swollen lip, what has she done to him? Worse, what has he done to protect the twins and I? He is a lot skinnier than I imagined, I do not remember fully how he look before I was taken away. 

"Wes," I whisper as I kneel in front of him. He looks up at me as if he can hear me. There is no cameras in his room, probably because there is nothing to watch other than a damaged man. 

"Johanna, is that you?" 

"Wesley!" I go in for a hug. Even though I am out of my body, I am still able to hug him without going "through him."

"Oh how I missed you Hanna. I knew you would find me, but I knew you would get yourself hurt for those boys."

I let go and look at him with worry on my face. 

"What do you mean?"

"She is setting the room for your execution. She hasn't hurt me because of it, and she is more excited than ever." 

I grab his hand and everything around us slowly changes. The walls are replaced with corn fields and we find ourselves sitting on a soft ground. The bruise on his eye is gone and he looks... well feed. 

"Where have you taken us?" He says looking around. The smile on his face shows how happy he is to see the outdoors. 

"I don't know, but what I do know is that there is no time left. I need answers quickly Wes."

He looks at me with panic on his face. There is something horrible that is going to happen. 

"You already know something. You knew it coming here and you knew it before you were taken in. You know something is about to happen and it is the unstoppable-

"I can stop it Wes," I say getting up. I twirl looking at the corn field around us and the sunrise happening behind Wesley. He stands up and looks down at me. 

"He is going to get hurt."

"I know someone is going to get hurt, but it is something that will happen. We are escaping this place and we are ready for the pain that will come with it." 

"He knows it too." 

"Who is 'he'?" I know something is going to happen... something bad. From the dream of the funeral home, or the forest memory that came back to me. Grayson and I fainted in that forest, but I do not know if it is relevant. 

What is going to happen?