CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: SHOW ME

I open my eyes and I find myself still laying in the front seat of the jeep. The sun is shining through the windows around me in this car. I look to my left and Grayson is not there anymore.

I lift my seat up and stretch my arms above my head touching the ceiling of the jeep. I can see someone walking away from the car in the distance. It is probably Grayson going out for a walk. I rub my eyes and focus on who it could be.

It's Ethan.

My heart is racing because of my excitement of seeing Ethan again. I open the door and run out. I slam the door shut and sprint towards Ethan. He is wearing gray shorts and no shirt.

"ETHAN!" I scream as I run towards him. He is still walking away from the car. My call for him did not even faze him.

"ETHAN! WE'RE HERE!" I yell still running towards him.

I reach my hand out to him. He hasn't turned around yet. I am so close to touching his shoulder. As I am about to touch him a sudden gust of wind throws me across the air. I crash onto the pavement and a explosion of pain spreads on my back.

The cold air fill my lungs as I gasp for air. The back of my head strikes with pain. I gain the strength to lift myself onto a sitting position. I look down the road to see Ethan still walking. What just happened? Why isn't he turning around? I get up onto my feet and jog over to him again.

"Ethan?! Please turn around!" I try telling him.

I reach out my hand again but this time I approach in a slower pace. A gust of wind knocks my whole arm away causing me to fall back. I land in a push up position which stops me from crashing onto my face. I slowly place myself onto my stomach and let the pain ease away.

I lift my chin and look down the road. The jeep still there with no Grayson in sight. I turn around and see Ethan standing with his back facing me. He has finally stopped walking. I get up onto my feet and walk up to him.

"Ethan?" I say walk slowly towards him.

He searches around looking for who could have called him. He turns around and looks at me with astonishment. He is walking up to me, but is hesitant to come close. He doesn't look hurt which is a good thing. His hair is completely black now with no colour in it. I rather not ask about that right now.

"Where do we go from here?" I ask him trying to get answers on how to find him.

He points to the road behind him. This indicates that we were going the right way.

"Who took you?" I ask. He does not answer, but he is just looking at me.

He looks like he is struggling to talk back to me. He is moving his mouth trying to force his words out, but his remains silent. He lifts his right arm in front of his chest as if he is showing me something on his arm. I walk slowly towards him so I can be six feet away from him.

His veins start to pop out of him arm and his face fills up with pain. I can feel my right arm starting to tingle. Someone is hurting him.

"Ethan, what is happening?" I ask with fear knowing that an answer might not be given to me. I hate knowing that he is being hurt and I can not do anything about it.

He drops onto his knees and I watch as his fangs start to seep out. His eyes start to shine a bright yellow. He lifts his other arm and I watch as his veins pop out of that arm also.

I am starting to get angry but also scared. Both my arms start to tingle, but I can't tell what is causing Ethan's arms to look like that.

"Han," he whispers. "If they find out that we can connect, they will hurt me just to hurt you. I don't want to hurt you."

The sun starts to get bigger and the light burns my eyes.

I drop onto one knee. The veins in my arms feel like they are going to burst out of my arms. I am in so much pain, but it pains me more to see Ethan struggling right in front of me.

"We are coming to get you, and we will stop this," I struggle to say.

"They will hurt you," he says taking deep breathes in between every couple of words. "They took me because they knew you were coming to get me. You two aren't safe."

"You aren't safe. Look at your arms Ethan. They are torturing you!"

"They are going to torture you too." He is staring me down with his werewolf eyes.

"I don't care. We are coming to save you. I won't break my promise."

"You have to stop making promises that will put you in danger. Break the promise we made and go home Johanna!"

"I am coming home, to get you back."

Everything around me starts to go white. As per usual, I find myself in the white space. I fall completely onto my back and look up at... white. The pain in my arms disappear and a cooling sensation spreads throughout my body.

I stay quiet because voices maybe appear in this white space.

"Johanna, I know you are coming back." It is Wesley who said that. "You are putting yourself in danger for coming back."

"I have to save him. I pro-"

"I know you promised. Johanna child, please be safe okay. They are dangerous to deal with."

"Who is it Wesley? Tell me... please."

I lay waiting for a response. It is life he is thinking about what to say.

"I can't tell you. You will find out soon," he says.

"PLEASE WESLEY!" I scream out of frustration.

"Patience. I will see you soon."

I feel myself waking up. I don't want to leave yet. I have more questions that need answers. I miss talking to Wesley. I want to keep talking to him. It's to late; I feel myself drifting away. I will talk to him soon.