CHAPTER THIRTEEN: VOICES

It has been two weeks since the Halloween Party and I wonder what the twins are up to. I never spoke to them since. It is probably because I told them I needed space and time to remember.

1:36am

I should probably get some sleep. I lie on my bed looking up at the ceiling. My eye lids are getting heavier and heavier. I close them and let myself drift away.

-=+=-

I am surrounded by only white, trapped in what feels like a white box. I hear someone calling for me.

"Johanna honey it is me," the gentle voice said. It is a woman.

"Yes?" I reply back.

"I love you my child," It was my mother. I didn't have a strong relationship with her before she passed away since she was extremely ill. I remember how she always told me that she loved me.

"I love you too mom."

Silence. I am alone again with my own thoughts.

Wesley told me that it was for the better that she passed away because she could've harmed me or even killed me. I don't have much memory of my mother since she was always at a special hospital. I do not even remember her funeral.

Sometimes she pops into my mind. It is really weird because when she does come into my mind I feel her pain. I hope she did not have a painful death.

"JOHANNA DON'T COME BACK!" A voice startles me.

"What?" I ask back confused.

"Tell the twins not to come back. Stay there and protect one another. If you come back-" The voice was cut off.

"If I come back what? What will happen?"

"Stay there Johanna but be careful." It is Wesley. I recognize his voice.

"WESLEY! WHERE ARE YOU? WHAT IS HAPPENING?"

"Johanna I love you. Watch out for one another. Please watch out."

The white slowly starts to disappear and trees start to form around me. I turn around and see the twins. I can't control my movements anymore. I am living through another lost memory.

I meet up with them and we walk into the woods. They look about 13-14 years old. We suddenly stop in the middle of no where.

"This is the place," he says as he looks up at the sky.

"Ethan you made us walk nearly an hour and a half just to take us to the middle of the forest. There is nothing here," Grayson says back. He looks extremely tired. It is probably early in the morning considering the fact that the sun is not fully in the sky yet.

"This was the place in my dreams," Ethan says back.

"What did you dream about again?" I ask him. I honestly do not have a clue why we are here.

"I told you already. I was just walking in this forest and I stopped right here. I was lead here by something. I felt as if I needed to be here. I heard screams and I felt a sharp pain in my chest," Ethan says in a convincing voice.

"Dude you need to chill. Not every dream we have will predict the future," Grayson says rubbing his eyes.

"You have to believe me," Ethan says as he looks at me. "Han you believe me, right?"

Suddenly I felt an aching pain across my stomach. I drop to my knees and place my hand on my stomach. Surprisingly Grayson does to. We both let out a quiet cry of pain. We both look at each other and then up at Ethan.

"What is happening Ethan?" I ask him as if he knew the answer.

"I don't know," he says back with a worried look on his face.

The pain isn't going away. It is actually getting worse.

"Help me," Grayson struggles to say. I look at him and he is completely lying on the ground. I find myself losing feeling in my legs. I drop to the ground and lie on my back. I look up at the trees and notice a red ribbon tied on one of the branches up above. I watch as it waves in the sky.

"WHAT IS HAPPENING?! GUYS STAY WITH ME!" He screams with fear.

"We will wake up Ethan," I whisper back. "Wait for us."

I hear a quiet voice in my ear that says, "You found him." I close my eyes and drift away. 

-=+=-

I shoot out of my bed and sit up straight.

What was that memory all about? Is the memory important to me? Do I need to go back into that spot? Maybe we already did and I just do not remember it.