CHAPTER SIX: TRUST ME

It has been a week since I saw the twins in the forest. We have not spoken since then. It turns out that every class I have this semester I have with either Ethan, Grayson, or both of them. In the morning I have English with Ethan, and Communication Technology with Grayson. Luckily, I have English with both Logan and Naomi, but I have no one in Communication Technology. 

It is lunch time and I am sitting at my table with Logan, Naomi, and Colin again. I can see the twins sitting near the entrance of the cafeteria. It seems like they made new friends; good for them. I still need answers on what happened that night. Why was Ethan hurt? How was I able to feel it? Are they in danger?

"Johanna, why aren't you eating?" I look up and see that it was Colin who asked. I have never heard him speak before.

"I am not hungry," I say back at Colin giving him a light smile. "Thank you for asking though."

Logan and Naomi are talking about English class and the assignment Mr. Gustin gave us today. I block out what they are saying.

I look back at the twins again and for some reason, I am not afraid anymore. I helped them out the other night. Ethan was lying down in the middle of the forest crying for help. Grayson was not there to help him. How come?

Ethan makes eye contact with me. My heart skips a beat. Maybe I still am a little bit scared of them.

"Han," Ethan whispers. I am able to hear him because of my enhanced hearing. Why is he calling me Han? No one has ever called me by that nickname before.

I scratch the back of my neck and look down at my table. I look at Logan beside me a pretend that I care about their conversation. I am still trying to listen to Ethan from across the cafeteria.

"Han, can you hear me?" Ethan whispers again. He is still looking at me. I give him a small nod. I make sure my friends do not see me doing this because I do not want them to think that I am crazy.

Ethan gets up from his seat and starts to leave the cafeteria.  He turns back before at the end of the hallway to see if I was still looking at him. I watch him as he makes a left turn.

"I have to go to my locker and get something. I will be back," I tell my friends at my table. 

"Sure thing," Logan says back.

I get up and walk across the cafeteria. Just before I exit I make eye contact with Grayson. I break it right away. I just want to talk to Ethan. Talking to both of them at the same time is not a good idea. 

I walk into the hallway and try to find Ethan. I take a left and notice Ethan is taking a drink at the water fountain. I walk up to him and lean up against the wall beside the fountain. He straightens up and wipes his mouth with his arm. We just look at each other in silence until I decide break it.

"I want answers," I demand. I feel like I am gaining the bravery I probably once had. "What happened that night?"

"What night?" He has a smirk on his face.

"You know what I am talking about."

"I remember you telling Gray and I to forget that night ever happened."

"Are you in danger?" 

"No."

"Then how come-" I notice Grayson coming into the hallway so I stop myself.

Grayson asks, "What are you guys talking about?"

"The night in the forest," I respond to him. I did not want him here.

"I am pretty sure you told us to forget about it," he says back with a smirk. He stops walking towards Ethan and I.

"I know I said that but... I need answers," I say back. Why are they not taking this seriously?

"Answers to what?" Grayson crosses his arms.

"Are you guys in danger? Are both of you werewolves? How did I feel his pain? How was I able to find him so quickly? I have never been in that forest ever in my life but I was able to navigate my way to him."

They are both staring at me with astonishment. "Let's see. We are not in danger, yes we are both werewolves," Grayson says. The smile from his face disappears. "...and you will find out how you were able to feel his pain once your memories start to come back." He looks... hurt.

"How do you know my memories are gone?"

"I just do," Grayson says.

"It isn't fair that I can't remember anything from my past. I am pretty sure I have never met you two in my life yet..." I pause and turn to Ethan. "Why were you hurt? You said you were protecting something."

"We forgot about that night like you told us to," Grayson says before Ethan got to answer the question.

"Okay then," I say leaving the water fountain. "Thanks for the help. It was so nice talk to you again," I say sarcastically. I start to walk back into the cafeteria. I feel stupid for even asking them those questions.

"Wait Han come back," Ethan says. I turn around and see sadness in his eyes. "Trust us, you will remember everything soon." Why does he look sad?

"Trust you? How can I trust you if you can't tell me what I want to know? You guys obviously know something I need to know."

"Han, please. Trust us," Ethan says taking a step forward. "Trust me." Grayson grabs his shoulder stopping him from coming any closer to me.

"Okay," I say back quietly almost in a whisper. I turn around and walk back into the cafeteria.