CHAPTER ELEVEN: DANCE WITH ME

Tonight is the night of the Halloween Dance. I haven't talked to the twins the pasted two days but we have exchanged smiles here and there. I am currently waiting for Naomi to pick me up at my place. I am going as red riding hood. I put on my red long cape that I bought yesterday after school with my black dress.

*BEEP*

She is finally here. I slip on my combat boots and stuff my keys, money, and my phone in my cape's pockets. I leave the town house and get into Naomi's car. Logan is sitting in the front so I have to sit in the back.

"Are those twins coming to the dance?" Logan asks. I am surprised Naomi was not the one to ask.

"How would I know?" I ask back.

"Aren't you guys besties?" Naomi asks with a laugh. "No but seriously I call dibs on one of them. You can pick which one you want so I can have the other one."

"I don't want one. They are people you know. We can't be calling dibs on people," I say back. 

-=+=-

The dance has been so much fun so far. I am not sure if the twins are here but at this point it doesn't really matter. I am dancing with my friends and a couple of other people.

"Okay ladies and gentlemen. Now, what is a dance without a slow song so here is a song for all you couples out there," the DJ says over his microphone.

The DJ starts to play Photograph by Ed Sheeran. I walk over to my table because I rather sit down than stand awkwardly for this song to end.

"HAN!"

I turn around and see Grayson coming towards me.

"Dance with me," he says grabbing me. He drags me to the dance floor and I follow behind him. I leave my red cape behind. He is dressed in a suit.

"What are you supposed to be?" I ask him. He places his arms around my waist.

"I am supposed to be a spy." I look up at him and he looks nervous. I am so confused.

"Okay..." I place my arms around his neck. I listen in to his heartbeat and his heart is racing so fast.

"Are you okay?" I ask him.

"Yes, just keep looking at me okay," he says back. We continue dancing.

"What is going on?" I ask him. He does not respond. Instead, he looks around the room like he is looking for something.

"Grayson listen to me," I say to him. He looks down at me.

"Your eyes are shining. Close them," he says pulling me in closer. We are now chest to chest. I wrap my arm tighter around his neck and cover my face with my right hand.

"Just dance with me till this song is over okay," he whispers in my ear.

"Where is your brother?" I whisper back.

"He told me to dance with you. To keep you safe."

"To keep me safe from what?"

"I am not sure. He had a dream a couple of nights ago so we are trying to stop it from happening."

"It was just a dream; it won't come true. I can protect myself."

"I know you can, but with your memories gone. There is only so much you can do."

"Then why don't you tell me what I need to know." I say pulling away. He is still holding on to my waist.

"Johanna...," he says.

"The song is ending. I should go now," I say turning around walking back to my table. The song just finished. Everyone is now back on the dance floor dancing.

Logan grabs my arm. "Are you okay? Where are you going?" Logan asks me.

"Yeah I am fine. I am just going to go for a walk. Thank you for asking though," I say back with a smile.

I exit the gym and start walking down the hallway. I am just going to go cool off.