CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO: WHO ARE YOU

My eye lids are heavy. Opening them is seems like an accomplishment at this point. I find myself sit-up on the floor with my right wrist handcuffed onto a metal pole that runs vertically from the ceiling. I would guess that we are in the basement of some sort. 

"Gosh, I wonder what Ethan gave you?" I lift my head and see Grayson across the room. He is also handcuffed. "You've been out for much longer than me. I literally sat here watching you sleep for... maybe 4 hours." 

We are in a white room with a metal door to my right. The room has a bright light above us and three random poles, two of which Gray and I are attached to. 

I start to freak out. I start to pull my hand away from the pole with all my power. I let all my power out, letting my eyes shine and my teeth seep out. No luck. 

"I tried that already, they probably put something on it to make it hard for us to take out. Some spell or something." 

"Why aren't you freaking out?! Ethan didn't even-"

"I am freaking out! I just- I talked to him when you were gone."

"What did he say"

"He didn't say anything. The only thing he said was that he would feed us when you wake up."

"Did you see the lady?"

"She came in here and, well, I told her not to touch you."

"Touch me?"

"She was, like, examining you. I don't know why. She punched me for telling her what not to do." 

"You okay?"

"I don't think okay would be the word to describe how I feel."

The sound of the door opening catches my attention. The metal door opens towards me blocking who it is opening it. Grayson gets to see the person before me. By looking at Gray's expressions, I could tell that he is hurt. Ethan walks in wearing all black. 

"Ethan," I whisper in shock. I have been looking for him for so long now and he doesn't even have the power to be himself. 

He walks up to me and sits in front of me. I look him in his eyes and try to look for the Ethan I know of. 

"I believed you back there," I say. I was confused. I did not know whether he was pretending to be himself, or trying to trick me when he told me that he had my back. 

He takes his finger and points to the camera in the corner of the ceiling on Grayson's side of the room. I look at it and wonder who could be watching on the other side. 

"You aren't going to talk huh?" I say. 

"I meant it," he says back. 

"Meant what?"

"I have to go now," he says back lifting himself off the ground.

As he walks away, I build the strength to stand up, sliding the hand cuff up the pole. 

"HEY!" I yell before he reaches the doorknob. "I don't know what game it is you think you're playing here, but I'm not having it. If you think I am some oblivious fool, think again. I will find a way to get out of here and when I do," I say turning my head to the camera, "I'm coming for you first. How dare you pretend to trick me by pretending to be someone you're not. How about instead of covering your true identity with Ethan's body you come out here and talk to me, face to face."

"JOHANNA!" Grayson yells. "You do not know who you're talking to. You do not know what power they have. Look at him," he says pointing at Ethan who is facing the door still, "he can't even talk to me. His own twin brother." 

"He would if he could." 

"I know! Just be care-"

The door swings open almost hitting Ethan in the face. A lady walks in, staring at Ethan. She walks to the middle of the room and looks at Grayson. She turns her head to look and me. He body follows. 

"Who are you," I save angrily. My hands form fists just in case she decides to fight. She might be in her older 40s and is dressing casually. 

"I have been looking for you for such a long time now." 

"What?" I say confused. "Why?" 

"Why of course silly, why would I not want to look for my only child."

"Child?" I say to her making my true eyes shine. "Is this some sick joke."

"Johanna, I never died. You were taken away from me and now, I will take you back. Or even better... take what is mine back."