CHAPTER SIXTEEN: SAVE ME

Weeks continue to go by. The twins and I keep up our friendship with little conversations during classes, but that is about it. The dream we all had never came back and we never shared the same dream since.

1:28am

Two more days till Christmas break. I have been waiting for Christmas break for a long time now and I am so excited. I lie in bed and look up at the ceiling. I let my eyes shut and let my thoughts drift away.

-=+=-

It is night time and I have find myself on a boat. I see Ethan at the end of the boat sitting on the edge. He changed his hair a while back. He used to have a blue streak, then a purple streak, to mulitple pink ones. I like it.  I slowly walk up to him. This is not a memory because he does not look younger. I wait for him to say something but he just looks at me. I sit down beside him and look at my surroundings.

"It is beautiful out here," I say trying to break the awkwardness. I look at him and notice that he is getting teary eyed.

"Are you okay?" I ask him. He still remains silent. I wonder what is going on. This dream is super weird.

"Okay... you look nice with a headband," I say so there won't be any silence between us. "I also like your black sweat-"

"Save me," he whispers cutting me off.

"What?"

"Save me, please."

I look at him confused at what he is saying.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

He is looking down at the water avoiding eye contact with me.

"We are able to connect again, but there is a small chance you will remember this dream once you wake up," he says making me confused. Is this a dream, or is it a way for Ethan and I to talk to each other over a dream?

"Connect?"

"This is another power you have. You are able to connect with Grayson, Wesley, and I in your dreams. We can communicate through our dreams, but you might not be strong enough to remember this when you wake up."

"This is a lot to take in," I say as I start to get up. I am on my feet now looking down at Ethan.

"I don't have much time Han. You have to listen to me." I stay still looking at him. I have no where else to go since I am stuck on this boat. It is not that I want to go anywhere else.

"I had a dream the other night that I was going to be kidnapped. I did not think about it much until tonight when I found myself stranded on this boat. You came along which is gives me an opportunity to tell you that I will be gone," Ethan says with a panic tone in his voice.

"Kidnapped? By who?"

"The person stirring the boat," he says pointing behind me. I turn around and see a blurred figure.

"Who is it? I can't see them," I say back trying to make out who it is.

"I don't know either, but they have me captured in my dreams. They will capture me soon in real life," he says. I can tell that he is scared and it makes me feel horrible that I cannot do anything about it in this moment.

I stand back and think about all of this. This could just be a dream of Ethan and I on a boat that is set to worry me. I have never had one of these "connecting dreams" before... or so that I can remember.

"How can I save you?" I ask.

"Work with Grayson. You guys might find me through all of our connections. I need you guys to save me." He says looking up at me. "I'm scared."

I look down at him. I have never seen his like this before.

"I'll save you," I say. "I promise."

Silence.

I keep looking at him as he gets up. Everything around me starts to turn white. Ethan stands in front of me and looks me in my eyes. He is disappearing right in front of me. I grab onto his arms so I can feel him.

"I know you will save me Johanna," he says. "I just know it."

The feeling of him slips away from my fingertips. I find myself in the white room again. I listen in closely for voices that may appear.

Silence.

-=+=-

BEEP BEEP BEEP

My eyes widen as I turn my alarm off on my phone. I would text Ethan or Grayson, but I don't have any of there numbers. I would run to wherever they are living, but I don't know where they are. I have to wait for school to start to see Ethan... or to find out that he is actually gone.