Chapter 36

The other night still replayed in my head... I still can't believe he smacked me. To say I was traumatized would be an understatement but I was also angry. Angry at the fact that I let myself get out of character, I should of known better but even so I knew I provoked him I just didn't want to be in the wrong.
It's crazy because after he hit me I was so shocked that I felt like I was pulled back into a moment in my past, the astonishing part about it is that I can't remember it. No matter how hard I tried it seemed like I somehow just can't get a grasp on what it is. That feeling I got that night at the club, I felt it before I just don't recall when or how and that bothered me.
"Katherine get your head in the game, your dazing off. Your not playing like how you usual would so whatever it is let it go this 2nd half and lock in we need you" Coach said scolding me as I let my eyes land on his while nodding.
I haven't scored at all the first half and I turned the ball over so many times. I wasn't in the right state of mind to play after everything thats been going on. I looked up at the scoreboard to see that we were about to start the 2nd half in a minute.
I grabbed my Gatorade and took a sip from it as I heard the buzzer beater go off. I sat on the bench as Coach told us what plays to run and who is setting the screens. While he was talking, my mind was elsewhere trying to figure out why I can't remember a part of my past. I heard the whistle being blown which snapped me out of my daze and brought me back to reality. I headed back on the court making sure my jersey was tucked in so the referee won't dick suck and call it a tech. It was our ball and Brit was about to inbound the ball.
The referee blew the whistle again indicating first half has finally began. I ran half court so that Brit can inbound the ball to me, as soon as she did I started dribbling the ball up the court slowly.
"1 4 low" I screamed out the play with my hand raised up in the air while still dribbling the ball. Out of the corner of my eyes I seen Candice cut baseline as Brit came to set a screen on my man. As soon as she set the screen I made a move and drove to the basket only to get blocked by the other teams big man.
"Get that shit tf out of here" she said smirking while I got back up as the ball rolled out of bounce. I jumped at her and two pieced her shit as the arena started going crazy at the brawl that I just started. I wouldn't let the girl go as I kept decking her in her shit, I felt someone pulling on my hair so I knew I was getting jumped but my team also hopped in and started getting it.
"Talk all that shit now dumb ass bitch" I yelled at her still throwing jabs at her face. They broke it up and my teammate Stephanie (#21) picked me up off the floor and walked me away from the situation. She got hit in the face so I just wrapped an arm around her waist as we walked towards security.

 She got hit in the face so I just wrapped an arm around her waist as we walked towards security

That night....

I was at home layer up on the couch eating ice cream as I let everything sink in. I got suspended earlier for a week but my team still went out strong and took that dub even without some of us on the court. I felt hella bad but I guess that built up anger that I had inside got the best of me and I released all of that frustration out at the wrong place and time. The brawl was the talk on all news channels and ESPN. I sighed as I continued to watch Love & Hip Hop, a couple seconds later my phone vibrated. I looked down to see who it was and it was just D calling so I picked up.
D: Yo sis wtf happened? Why tf would you get into some shit like that?
I sighed cuz I knew I was about to hear some preaching from his ass man.
K: I was honestly not thinking Lo on god she was talking out her neck and I lost it plus I guess all the shit that's been happening took a tole on me
D: You off the team or just suspended? Man you gotta control yo self sis that shit was crazy and you can't let what happen a couple of days ago impact your career man. Brandon is mad asf g I literally had to tell him not to go over there cuz on some shit we all know ya might fuck around and kill each other
K: Nah they just suspended me for a week and I know I shouldn't have gotten out of character and why tf you bringing him up Lo? Fuck him he can catch aids for all I care. He put his fucking hands on me and if Jordan wouldn't have came into the room he would have done it again so he can smd

I heard Lo sighed at the other end of the phone but it's true he would of slapped me again. I want to beat his ass so mf badly like nobody understands the anger I have built up towards him.
D: Man you told him you aborted his child with no remorse that was heartless asf idc what he said before that and yk I love you like a luh sis but come on man ya both in the mf wrong so stop playing the victim. Yeah he hit you but you provoked the situation Katy. You was the aggressor that day, it may not have been physically but you was definitely fucking with his head mentally which resulted in that outcome.

I pulled the phone away from my ear as I listened to what Lo said. I never heard him be this serious so I knew I definitely fucked up on my part. I said my goodbyes and just hanged up as I laid back down on the couch with tears rolling down my face as I thought about me and Brandon's unborn child that I sent back to god and didn't let into this world with open arms....