Chapter 4

"Britney set the screen for Kay then pop back out" Coach instructed.

I dribbled the ball waiting for Brit to set the screen as soon as she did it, Tiffany went under the screen instead of over it which left me with too much space.

My dad always said if your defender gives you too much room, pop it in they face to make it known that your a threat on the court.

That's exactly what I did and hit a three pointer.

"Let's go baby, all net" Candice screamed out as she patted my back.

Coach blew the whistle which indicated that practice was over and we all ran to the baseline so he can give us his long ass speech.

"Great work out today ladies although there's still more plays to go over and things to work on" He spoke out as he looked at each and every one of us while speaking.

Meanwhile all I was thinking about was the encounter I had with Brandon before practice started.

I looked over at the bleachers to see that the boys and Nik were looking down at something on D's phone while laughing.

I turned my gaze towards Brandon just analyzing his facial features, I knew he was attractive but now that I really look at him he's really fucking fine. He looked up and caught me staring while I tried to play it off and looked away, ashamed that he caught me 😭 smh

"Katherine Monroe I hope your listening" Coach said as he gave me a stern look while I snapped out of my thoughts of the boy that was currently occupying my brain.

"Yeah I was Coach, you was talking bout how we should move the ball around and communicate with each other on the court more" I stated as I grinned at him and he just shook his head while the whole team started cracking up.

"That's far from what I said but your lucky I was going to get to that, anyways practice is cancelled tomorrow but the gym is open after the boys workout if you ladies want to get some shots up" Coach said than dismissed us.

I walked over to the bleachers while some of my teammates were beginning to leave the gym.

"Best friend can you come and catch my rebounds for me, I still wanna get some shots up" I looked at her with puppy dog eyes, she groaned but stood up anyways and walked down the bleachers towards me.

"You lucky I love you bitch" She said while groaning as I blew her a kiss and her ass pretended to catch it and step on it.

"Well damn b just gone head and break my heart" I stayed with a hand over my chest as she laughed at me and got on the court dribbling the ball.

I looked back up at the bleachers to notice that some of the boys left, Brandon and D'Angelo was the only ones still here and these mfs had they sneakers on ready to play.

When did they mf change?....

"Ya about to play or something?" I directed my question towards D trying my best to ignore the looks Brandon was currently sending me.

"Yeah we about to get a few shots up, you tryna play us or sum?" He asked as both of them smirked at me and I just scoffed.

"I'm tryna work on my own shooting, don't feel like smoking ya in ball right now" I cockily said causing Brandon to raise his eyebrows at me while I just sent him a "what you want" look .

"You not gone smoke nun but them lay ups" He challenged me, I didn't even notice that D already left us and was on the court teaching Nik how to shoot.