Chapter 24: Training

"He took your prophecy telling?!" Forest yelled in disbelief.

"Yeah, I saw every possible path until the end of the world. Every single one, then gone," Night said.

Every single one? Snow thought, Is there one where he's with. . . Snow crushed all her thoughts out her head. Don't let him hear.

"Do you still have your mind reading?" Vulture asked. "Animus powers?"

"Yeah," Night said and looked at Snow. "Both."

Snow looked alarmed again. Forget you heard that, she thought.

"So he's finally free?" Sapphire asked.

"Darkstalker just telepathically told me, he must have his animus powers back somehow," Night mentioned. "If he does have his animus magic back, then he must be free. He also wants me to give up my powers."

"Why?" Forest asked.

Sahara hit him with her wing. "It's obvious idiot, Darkstalker views Night as a threat. Night, you're one of the only animi left. Other than the SeaWings and maybe even the SandWings, you're the last few."

"SandWings?" Night echoed.

"Jerboa was an animus from the SandWings around Darkstalker's time," Swamp mentioned. "It's possible his lineage has his power too."

Night sighed. Darkstalker was free, he lost his future sight, Pyrrhia is probably cowering for their lives right now. What could possibly be worse?

"My queen!" A guard said appearing from the shadows. "A message from our spies."

"Spies?" Vulture asked.

"We have Shadow-Wings spying on what's going on at Pyrrhia," Void mentioned. "They avoid attention and the most elite are given an animus touched object, necklaces or bracelets that make them look like and have the abilities of a certain tribe in Pyrrhia. It's to get more private information."

"What is it?" Queen Darkness asked.

"The Ice Kingdom is melting," the guard said. "The palace is starting to flood a little and the snow is starting to melt too."

"WHAT?" Snow exclaimed. "MELTING? HOW?"

"We believe it is because of Darkstalker," the guard said without flinching to Snow's reaction. "There isn't that much change now, the palace is dripping water and the snow there is softer, for now."

"He does seem to hate the IceWings, I could see it in his mind," Night mentioned. He saw Darkstalker's hatred, he knew Darkstalker loathed the IceWings for something. It had something to do with his mother.

"Call back all IceWing spies," Darkness ordered. "We can't risk detection by Darkstalker. Even more so by Glacier."

"Yes your majesty," the guard said, bowing before leaving.

"We're in desperate times, you have to accelerate more of your training," Darkness said to Night. "In fact," she continued, looking around at the group. "You could all brush up on training while you're all here."

"Brush up?" Snow echoed. "My kingdom is melting! You expect me to need training?"

"You will if you're all going to fight Darkstalker," Darkness replied. She started for the door. "I'm serious, and go to Aries' residence later. I requested him to make something for all of you," she looked at Aries.

"Yes your majesty," Aries said in a irritating manner and flew off. Shadow bowed and flew after Aries.

"For training go find Dawn, she's the trainer and she's a captain of the guard here," Void added before trailing after Darkness.