Chapter 22: Clear Visions

"Ready?" Dusk bellowed. "Fire!"

A barrage of fire flew towards Night's direction. He swiftly went in and out of shadows, dodging the projectiles.

He got hit on his leg, a burning sensation coming up from the place of impact. Night roared.

"Cease!" Dusk bellowed again. Dusk walked up to Night. "Sloppy, dragonets can do much better."

Night groaned and got up. "Because they knew from the start that they had this power." He grabbed the healing stone from his bag and pressed against his leg. The burns healed instantly, stitching up the wound.

"And stop using that healing stone, you need to practice your regeneration abilities too," Dusk added.

Night was brought to a wide room filled with shadows to train his shadow walk ability (that was what Shadow-Wings called it). He was to dodge a fire barrage from a group of six dragons trying to hit him.

"Try again," Dusk said. Night groaned. The healing stone did heal the injury, but it became sore. He was already hit at least eight times so Night's entire body was aching.

Queen Darkness entered the room with Void by her side. "Nightfighter," the queen called. "Void and I would want to talk with you."

Yes, Night thought relieved. Finally. He walked to the two dragons. The two Shadow-Wings ushered Night into a private room to talk.

"So you are a hybrid of Shadow and NightWing?" Darkness asked.

"Yes," Night replied promptly.

"And you can talk to scavengers?" Void asked in turn.

Night nodded. "More or less."

"Now do you think it was a good idea to bring him here mother?" Void asked in a annoying way.

The queen growled. "Fine, it was a good idea." Thoughts bubbled up in the Queen's head about how annoying Void is.

"May I be more informed of what is happening?" Night asked politely, after all, Darkness was considered as his queen.

"You see, something bad is about to happen," Void said in a serious tone. "I called you here using a animus touched object, the Mind Finder. There is a foretelling."

"A prophecy?" Night questioned.

The princess nodded. "Correct, it says: 'Beware the dangers that lurk, beware the ancient giant that slumbers, beware the stalker of darkness. Find the twine between Night and Shadow, whom can speak to the two legged king, for he will bring light to all chaos. All must beware, for the Darkest of Days are to come.'"

"That's. . . ominous," Night commented after Void was finished. "What exactly does most of it mean?"

Queen Darkness spoke up. "'Find the twine between Night and Shadow, whom can speak to the two legged king,' I'm pretty sure you know who that is."

Night raised a brow. "Me? I mean I have talked to the king of the scavengers, but why do you need to find me?"

Darkness just continued. "'For he will bring light to all chaos. All must beware, for the Darkest of Days are to come,' Something is going to happen, and it revolves around you. You're linked to this somehow."

Wait a minute, Night thought. Beware the stalker of darkness, is that Darkstalker?

"We're guessing the Darkest of Days is some sort of time event where chaos will ensue," Void added.

Night wasn't listening, he was trying to figure out the first few verses. Beware the dangers that lurk, beware the ancient giant that slumbers, beware the stalker of darkness. Night gasped. He's going to escape, someone's going to free Darkstalker.

Night rushed out of the room with his sore body, he had to go back to Pyrrhia to warn the dragonets of destiny and Moon. Expecially Moon, she would be the only one that would believe Night. And all the NightWings actually now that he thought of it.

"Nightfighter? Where are you going?" Void asked tagging along quickly.

"I can't explain, but I have to go back to Pyrrhia to warn about this danger," Night said quickly.

"No!" Darkness bellowed. Night stopped. "No Pyrrhia dragon must know of the Furusato dragons." Darkness added.

"You don't understand, he will kill us all if he's released," Night said.

"He? You know who the chaos bringer is?" Darkness asked.

Night sighed. "Darkstalker," he simply said.

"Darkstalker?" the two dragons said at the same time.

"It makes sense, what happened centuries ago might happen again, at a larger scale," Darkness said.

"You know the legends of Darkstalker?" Night asked surprised.

"Should we tell him?" Void asked.

"I will," Darkness replied. "Centuries ago, a NightWing discovered our land. For the first time in a millennium, a Pyrrhia dragon found Furusato. At first, our ancestors were defensive, but she told them she had no where else to go. So, they slowly accepted her among the Shadow-Wing tribe. While she was here, she told of the story of Darkstalker. How he transformed from the kind and funny dragon he was, into a dark monster. This story was passed down from generation to generation."

"Do you know her name?" Night asked, intrigued.

Void spoke up. "Her name was-"

Night's eyes widened. Void didn't need to speak, Night could already see it in her mind. It can't be, he thought.

"Clearsight," Night finished for her.