Chapter 14: Departure

"Let me get this straight," Sunny said. "You've had this vision of these mysterious tribes from another continent called Furusato, figured out you were part 'Shadow-Wing' and you were called by a princess telepathically to go there?" Night simply nodded. "And she told you to being your entire winglet?" Sunny added.

"From what I understood, yes?" Night answered, not too sure.

"Look, Night. You can't just go and answer some mysterious call even if they sounded as if they needed help," Sunny said. Great, her mind went, I sound like Tsunami now.

"On top of that I can't just allow you and your winglet to just leave, what would your parents say? Wait, oh right, your parents are the dragons in Furusato." she said remembering.

"I appreciate your wisdom but I need some answers. If I was related to Dar-" Night stopped himself before he finished.

"What did you say?" Sunny asked curiously, but already had a good wild guess on what he was saying. "Darkstalker? You're related to Darkstalker? Is that what you're saying?"

Three moons, how does she know about Darkstalker? "It's not what you think," Night started. "I'm not an animus or anything." Wait, am I? Night thought.

"Animus? What are you talking about?" Sunny began. "I've only heard that name before from these three NightWings." I think I should leave out that it was one of the many wild goose chases we had back in the- Sunny thought then stopped because of the face Night was making.

"Right, mind reading," Sunny realised.

"Sunny let me do this, I need to know more, about my family," Night pleaded. Sunny sighed having memories of herself with the other Dragonets of Destiny.

"Fine you can go," Sunny gave in.

"Thank you!" Night thanked.

"On one condition," she said again. "You have to promise me that you will keep anyone who comes along safe, okay?"

"I promise," Night vowed. Night went towards the hallways to find Forest and the rest of his winglet.

"Night you're still injured!" Sunny called after him. Night stopped, what should he tell her about his healing? "Rest first, once you're better you can go," she added.

Night growled. "Fine," he said. He wanted to go right that moment, but he had no idea where to start looking for this continent, so some time to think would probably be a good idea.

~~~

It was morning, Night's entire winglet was gathered in their winglet class. Sunny was kind enough for them to be able to use it. Night had a lot of explaining to do. "Okay so, you guys know about the NightWing powers are fake and all?"

"As if they were ever real," Snow scoffed.

"Would you stop being so mean all the time?" Sapphire said to Snow. Snow hissed at the turquoise SeaWing.

"Would you all just shush, and let him talk?" Swamp said.

Everyone became quiet. "Thanks." Night said. " Anyway, NightWings used to have them, but that was centuries ago, they lost that power. But, I may or may not have that power."

~~~

After a very long explanation everyone was quiet. Sahara finally spoke up. "WHAT?!?!?!"

"You kept this secret from us for how long!?" Forest asked, turning green.

"What did I tell you? NightWings cannot be trusted!" Snow snapped at Sapphire.