Chapter 21: Land of Shadows

Dusk led the Diamond Winglet to the edge of a dark jungle. Giant trees stood before them, vines as long as a SkyWing's wingspan.

"So what tribe are you from?" Forest asked Dusk.

Dusk craned his head around to look at Forest. "I'm a hybrid, Shadow-Wing and LightWing," he mentioned.

"And what was that blue thing you shot at Night?" Sapphire added.

"That was plasma, much more powerful than fire. LightWings use it to make caves or tunnels because they live underground," the hybrid explained.

"So basically you almost killed the most powerful dragon in all of Pyrrhia with one single shot?" Snow joked. "Not so powerful now are you?" she said to Night.

"Hey I survived. You're lucky to have the most powerful dragon by your side alive," Night replied.

Snow smiled and whipped her tail at Night's side. "Lucky us," she said.

"If you two are done flirting with each other, can we continue into the jungle?" Dusk asked, pointing with his tail to the dark trees.

"We are not flirting!" Night and Snow yelled simultaneously.

Sapphire snickered. "Snow, your face is turning blue," Sapphire said laughing. "You're blushing."

"I'm not blushing!" Snow said, her face turning more blue.

Night found himself had a bit of red on his face. Forest looked at Night.

Your blushing too, Forest thought to Night with a smug face. You like her don't you? Forest's scales were turning a shade yellow.

Night growled. "You want me to tell the group about what you did last night?" he threatened.

Forest automatically shut up, physically and mentally. Night cleared his throat. "Can we continue?"

"Of course," Dusk said going into the dark jungle. The group followed closely behind. The thick canopy above them let no light filter in, so it was very dark. Sounds of insects and animals were heard all around them. Birds were yelling at the top of their lungs, or whatever they had for a respiratory system.

Sapphire of course could see. "Woah, it's so pretty," Sapphire said.

"You have night vision, I can't see anything in front of me," Vulture said.

"I mostly can see," Night mentioned. "But not as good as Sapphire, Vulture duck."

"A duck? Whe-" Vulture was cut off by him smacking his face into a low branch. "Oh, the painful kind of duck," Vulture said rubbing his snout.

Sahara giggled at Vulture. "Guess it does suck being that tall," she mused.

Dusk led them to a litteral wall of vines, covering the path in front of them.

"What you are about to see, is what no living Pyrrhia dragon has ever laid eyes upon," Dusk said mysteriously.

Night did not like how Dusk said no living Pyrrhia dragon, Night could sense the same sinking feeling in Snow.

Night turned his head back to her. Snow looked at him. On your guard, Snow thought. Night nodded in response.

"Okay then," Night said to Dusk. "Amaze us."

Dusk murmured some words and the vines began to open up. They were on a high cliff, with a view of an entire kingdom standing before them. The vines hanging from the thick canopy giving a bright blue glow, the same glow coming from the kingdom below them.