Chapter 11: Confession

Winter's words instantly had effect to everyone in the room. Everyone was thinking about how Moon knew. Turtle on the other talon, Night couldn't read his mind at all. Weird, Night thought.

Qibli's mind was spinning as Kinkajou's mind was confused. "You didn't- sorry, but- you didn't have anything to do with-" Qibli started.

"No!" Moon cried suddenly. "Of course not!" She then thought of Carnelian. "I would never hurt anyone."

"I know," Qibli said, but not convincingly. Qilbi had another train of thought, and Night was getting dizzy from them. Raindrops, raindrops, he thought, but it wasn't working.

"If you didn't do it, then do you know who did?" Turtle asked.

"Or maybe you saw something?" Kinkajou suggested. "Something that warned you?"

That might work, Darkstalker said to Moon. At least two of them wants to believe that; start with that lie and build from there.

I don't want to tell them any lies, Moon thought to Darkstalker. Even ones they want to believe.

"I smelled something," Night said turning attention to him. "I smelt something was off and I told Moon. It turned out to be a fuze." Night didn't want to tell it was a dragon flame cactus that went off because knowing Winter, he'll acuse Night of the fire.

Qibli at least sort of believed in Night, a know-it-all him would probably take what Night had said into consideration. His thoughts became another storm, circling fast.

Winter on the other hand did not take it nicely. "Were we asking you NightWing?" he hissed. "We want an answer from Moon."

"First of all my name is Nightfighter," he retaliated. "Second of all, I was with her before the explosion, and third, if you think I'm lying to you I'm not."

"Why do you care so much? You're not even in our winglet," Winter argued.

"Just stop!" Moon interrupted as Night and Winter went quiet, well not for long that is.

"There's only one explanation," Winter spoke up. "You did this. You set the fire. I don't know why yet, but I will find out."

"I swear I didn't," Moon said. She spread her wings out. "Please believe me."

"Can't you tell us how you knew?" Kinkajou pleaded.

"I already told you," Night spoke up again. "I told her I smelled something."

Night, please don't lie, I don't want to tell them lies, Moon thought directed at him.

What are you going to tell them? Night retaliated. Moon kept silent. Winter lashed his tail, the spikes clattering.

"I will give you one chance, NightWing. You have until midnight tommorow to tell me the truth- or I'm going to tell everyone what you did." He took a step forward while Moon flinched back. "I knew NightWings couldn't be trusted, but I was starting to think maybe you were different. Clearly I was wrong." He stalked out of the cave.

Moon buried her face in her talons, shaking. I don't understand, Qibli was thinking.

Then Turtle spoke up. "Three moons," his strips glowing, shimmering eerily in the dark cave. "It was a vision, wasn't it? You can see the future."

Kinkajou gasped. "No way," she whispered.

Admit nothing, Darkstalker advised. Moon looked down to her talons and nodded.

"What?" Kinkajou cried. "What else have you seen? Anything about me?"

"When did you know?" Qibli asked and took a step back. Thinking about who's lying about the NightWing powers.