Chapter 3: The Diamond Winglet

Night walked into the library, the familiar smell of scrolls filled the air as he came in along with Forest. The windows were covered with vines but it still let light filter in. There were different types of seats at the back end of the library, one of them was occupied by a Mudwing dragonet, she looked up from the scroll she was reading and shyly looked back down again to her scroll.

There were rows and rows of scrolls down the library, Night quickly scanned all the shelves from afar and noticed some interesting scrolls he might pick up later. There was also a desk with a dragon sitting behind it, a NightWing. Is that somebody? I think that's someone, the NightWing thought to himself.

"Hello?" the NightWing called out. "I won't be able to see you because I'm blind. So say something if you're there."

"Yes, we're here," greeted Forest while thinking, A blind NightWing? Wow, never expected that. Feel so sorry for him.

"I'm Night, the other dragon is Forest," Night said.

"I'm Starflight, and here's your library passes," Starflight said as he put two wooden rectangular plates on the desk. "You two want a bag with that?"

"Sure," both Forest and Night said at the same time while taking the wooden plates. With that, Starflight went behind the desk and grabbed two bags and put it on the desk. Night grabbed his bag, said thanks, and walked back down the hall again. He was soon followed by Forest as he slung the bag over his neck.

"Where should we go next?" Forest asked. Night remembered what Moon said earlier about going to the prey center.

"The prey center maybe?" Night inquired to confirm with Forest.

"Sure! I'm starving," Forest said, patting his stomach.

As they walked down the hall to the prey center, Night turned around a corner and crashed into another dragon, again. This time, it wasn't the friendly type of dragon he bumped into.

"Hey! Watch it NightWing!" a IceWing dragonet barked, she was clear white, she also had icy blue underscales and pure dark blue eyes. She seemed to be at least around Night's age or maybe lower. She was shorter than Night, her eyes small and her horns ever so slightly curved upwards.

"I'm sorry, this is the second time it happened today," apologized Night.

"Well make sure that doesn't happen again filthy Nightwing!" the IceWing scolded.

Okay. . . no chance on making friends with her, thought Night. Her mind was racing with thoughts. Most of which aren't very fond memories and thoughts.

"Hi, I'm Forest, and this is Nightfighter, but call him Night," Forest said.

The IceWing growled low and deep. "Snowflake."

"Can we just call you Snow?" Forest asked. "It'll be much easier."

"If you must, now get out of my way," she demanded as she pushed her way pass them.

Night just continued walking down the hall as if nothing happened. Stupid, how did I do the same mistake twice? he thought to himself.

They finally reached the prey center and it's racket, in mind and out. The noise of animals squealing and squawking. Forest instantly ran to the fruit pile while Night went over to catch a goat. He found one, chased it, cornered it and killed it.

He brought the goat near the fruit pile, but he didn't go too close because he knew that RainWings didn't like meat or even a carcass. He ripped off a leg and started to eat, while talking with Forest that was peeling a banana. They discussed what each of they're homes were like, one being lush green rainforests full of life and sound while the other being a secluded and silent escape.