Chapter 2

I couldn't help but glare across at Aro. Out of all the places, I had to wake and end up in the dark clutches of the Volturi! I guess it's a good thing 'Edward' told me about them, or I would about as confused as a fish outta water. And besides it would take forever to learn the names of everyone, 'cause I already know half of them and I haven't even met them!

"What the heck do you want with me?" I snapped. Aro laughed as if I was a silly little school girl who amused him.

"My dear Isabella, we have......gathered you because you have been in contact with vampires and it seems you want.... revenge on a certain..Cullen," he says as if this is something he talks about everyday. Which I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Yes, and? Your point? What are you gonna do? Edward is a gifted vampire!" I snap. Aro grins.

"Well, he did let you into our world and left you in a forest so, I guess we don't have a problem here really. Right, Isabella?" he asks. I huff but nod.

"Alright fine. I'll stay but let's get something's straight. I'm staying on the animal diet, I hate formalities so it's Iz or Izzy now, and I am joining the guard right?" I ask. Aro nods.

"Of course!" he says happily. I grin. Maybe they weren't so bad as Edward had put them.

~*~*~

Jane hands me my black cloak and my new Volturi crest necklace and is gone in a blur. Ok, so maybe they aren't all homy and nice and all but, they ain't real bad.

I laid the stuff down on my bed and pulled out some black skinny jeans, a red crop top, and a pair of black flats. Laying everything on my bed I hop in the warm shower, letting it beat on my ice cold skin.

Thirty minutes later, I hop out and get dressed quickly before heading out into the halls. I walk slowly for a while, just thinking when I bump into someone.

"Oh! Sorry!" I gasp and take a quick step back.

"It's alright," The person says and glances at me. "Oh, Izzy right?" he asks. I nod.

"Ya, you're Alec," I say. He nods.

"Yep, that's me. Uh, Aro's waiting for you in throne room, he'd like to speak to you," he says. I smile.

"Thanks," I say as I quickly walk around him and down the hall toward the throne room; his gaze burning into my back the whole way.

I throw open the doors and walk over to stand in the middle of the room, I stand in front of the masters.

"Aro, Marcus, Caius," I say. They nod and Aro smiles.

"Iz, we have a job for you." My eyebrows rise in surprise.

"A job?" I ask. He nods.

"Yes, a mission. Your first mission as part of the guard," he says. I smile excitedly.

"Awesome! So where am I going?"