Chapter 17

Jasper POV

We all stood, watching from behind the trees, at the tall building that will soon be no more. It will explode to pieces and burn to ash, no more will the Volturi rule. And it was all because of Bella. Thou, I'm not sure what made this come about now, she had seemed very happy with them.

I felt the book she gave me not too long ago strapped against my waist. The corner dug into my side.

A minute before the building exploded, Jane came running out and over to us, frazzled and confused. I felt myself tense and narrowed my eyes but didn't attack, remembering what Bella said. Since I stood in front of everyone with Peter and Char, I held my hand out and took a few steps and grabbed the paper Jane had, just as the Volturi palace exploded.

Dear Cullen's & Whitlocks,

Jane is on your side, I promise. Jasper has a letter in the book I gave him, it'll explain everything. Also, Alice and Jane can answer any questions y'all have.

~Bella Swan

I reread the letter to everyone else and they glanced at Jane.

"So we can trust you?" Rosalie says looking skeptical, but I could feel she wanted to believe it because Bella said so. Jane opens and closes her mouth a few times before speaking.

"Yes, you can," she finally replies. We nod.

"I hate to make this short," Peter starts staring up at the sky, "but we gotta go meet up with PixieStick and it's gonna be raining soon soo..."

"Right," I say and a few of us start moving.

"What about Bella?" I hear Gwen ask from behind us and I turn towards her, stopping. Ness nods also, and I watch as Gwen seems to try and figure out what's going on.

"Bella," I say, "is dead."

Gwen gasps and Ness starts to cry. I sigh and turn and start running. I soon hear the others as someone picks up Ness and they follow.

It's not long before we arrive back at Peter and Char's house, just a few hours. I sense two other emotions the closer we get, two more vampires, but who? I narrow my eyes and hurry my run, bursting through the door I recognize the sents before I see them.

"Alice! Edward?!"

The said people stand and stare at us. Edward watches us with curious eyes and Alice holds sadness in hers. I frown at them and raise my eyebrows in question, waiting for them to speak.

"Bella, she lead me to someone who could bring Edward back. He only forgot something's, but he mostly remembers everything," Alice explains. I nod. "Did you get her letters?"

"You knew!" I exclaim. "I mean, of course you knew," I mutter as I pull the book from my waist. I flip it open to the inside cover page and on the left hand corner is a small note to me.

Jasper,

I apologize for Edward controlling me and us never getting to know each other, for if I could have stood him up, things would be different.

Please read this book, for I know you have never read it before, says Peter. Also, make sure everyone reads the next letter attached to the next page, it will explain most things, saying I haven't forgotten anything. Alice and Jane can answer any questions

~Bella Swan

I flipped to the next page and pulled out the folded note that was taped to it. I unfolded it and everyone gathered around -except for Alice and Edward who can read one of our minds and Alice I'm sure already saw this- as I read it out loud.