Victoria?

Emmett and I are in our room, Em playing on the Xbox and me reading a book. "Al, we're all going hunting in a couple of hours. So you'll be home alone for a few hours." I smile to him, "It's fine Em, I'm a big girl I can take care of myself." He pulls me over onto his lap, "I know you can." He says before giving me a long passionate kiss.

---- Time skip ----

Edward, Bella, Emmett and I are walking into school when we see Jake leaning on his motorcycle. I rush forward, "Jake! Hey." "Charlie said you and Bella went out of town." "Yeah to visit our mom, why?" Edward laughs, drawing our attention to him, "He's checking to see if you're both still human." Jake sighs getting annoyed and looks to Edward and Emmett, "Look, I'm here to warn you. If your kind ever come on our land again-" "Wait what?" I turn to Emmett, "I thought you said you went hunting?" "You guys didn't tell them?" Emmett comes up and wraps his arm around my shoulder, "Just leave it alone Jacob." Bella looks to Edward, "Tells us what?" "Emmett and Paul had a misunderstanding, it's nothing to worry about." This causes me to pull away from Emmett's hold and glare at him, "Why did you tell me you went hunting?!" Jake scoffs, "Listen to you two, did you lie to get them out of town too?" Emmett takes a threatening step towards Jake, "Just leave. Now." He growls. "They have a right to know. They're the ones the red head wants." I look to them in shock, "Victoria?" Bella and I ask at the same time. "Alice's vision." Bella says to Edward. "We were trying to protect you." Edward says. I scoff, "By lying to us... okay we're gonna talk about this, but you, why haven't you called me back." I ask turning to Jake. "I had nothing to say." I says before walking over to his bike. "Well I have tons, hold on." But Emmett grips my arm, "Emmett, let go." He sighs, letting go of my arm and I walk over to Jake and get on his bike behind him. "Lose the grin Jake. I'm just going for a ride." He just chuckles under his breath, "Hold on tight."

When we arrive at Sam and Emily's, the pack comes rushing out. Before I can blink, Quil swept me off my feet, spinning me around in a hug before setting me down. "Quil? You too?" "Yep, finally made the pack." Then I go over and hug Embry, "It's been too long guys." "Well we're glad you're finally here. Maybe we can get a break from Jake's obsessive inner monologue." Embry says laughing. "I wish Alex would call." Paul teases. "I wish Alex wouldn't call." Jared says with his mouthful. "Maybe I should call Alex." Embry mocks. "Maybe I should call Alex an hang up." Quil finishes causing everyone to laugh and Jake gets embarrassed, "Okay. You can shut up now." Just then Leah walks out the house and I rush over and give her a hug. "Leah! Oh my gosh I haven't seen you in forever. How are you?" She smiles at me "I'm good, just gonna go for a run." "Okay, well have fun."

After greeting Sam and Emily, Jake and I walk over to his garage. "So when did Leah join the pack?" "Around about the time when Harry died. Seth also phased."  I look to him shocked, "Seth? But he's only fifteen." "Yeah, he's the youngest we've had. Sam keeps him home studying but he's chomping at the bit. Just wish it was Leah who'd stay home." "Don't be such a guy." "Ally, it's not a chick thing. It's the triangle with Sam, Emily and Leah. We all have to live their pain fest. Sam hates himself for what he did to Leah but he imprinted on Emily." "Imprinted?" Jake puts the bike on it's stand as we get into the garage, "Imprinting on someone is like... when you see her, everything changes. All of a sudden it's not gravity holding you to the planet, it's her. Nothing else matters. You would do anything, be anything for her." "You didn't imprint on me, did you?" "No... I tried but..." He sighs looking down. "Why would you keep trying to be with me when someone could come round the corner at any minute and you could imprint on her. Did you ever think about how much that would hurt me? I love you, Jake. I do but we're not meant to be together. I just want my best friend back." Jake comes over and pulls me into a warm hug. "I'll always be your best friend. And you can visit anytime you want." "Yeah.... until Emmett and I get married." He pulls back and looks at me shocked, "Married?! When are you getting married?" "After graduation." I say quietly looking down, "Jake, you knew this was going to happen-" "Not in a month!" He throws something across the room causing a huge bang, making me jump. "Better you dead really than one of them." "I can't believe you said that... Emmett was right, I shouldn't have come." I say quietly about to walk out when he grabs my arm, "Ally wait, please. I'm sorry. Just stay... please."

---- Time skip ----

I walk through the front door only to be pushed against the wall as lips smashed against mine. When he pulls away, I look into his eyes they're pitch black. "I was so worried." "I'm okay Em. The pack wouldn't hurt me."

Suddenly Edward and Bella come rushing into the room, "Someone was in Bella and Alex's room." Carlisle looks to Danny and Jasper, "Track the scent, see if you can find anything." They nod, kissing their mates and leaving. Emmett pulls me onto his lap, holding me close. Carlisle then looks to Edward, "Who was it? Someone we know?" He shakes his head, "No. It was a stranger, I didn't recognize their scent." "A nomad passing through?" Esme suggests but Rose shakes her head, "A passer by wouldn't have left their father alive." Then Jasper and Danny return, "The scent disappeared about five miles south of Bella's house." Jasper informs us. "Someone's orchestrating this." Carlisle sighs. "Victoria?" Bella asks. "No, I would have seen her decide." Alice says shaking her head. "It has to be the Volturi." Edward says. "I don't think it's the Volturi either, I've been watching Aro's decisions too." "So we keep looking." Emmett says. "We'll also take shifts guarding Bella at her house." Carlisle says. Annoyed Rose looks to him, "Another protection detail?" "Rosalie." Calrisle chastises. Bella shakes her head, "She's right. I mean you can't protect me, watch our dad and search for the intruder." "And for Victoria." Rose adds. "And keep yourselves fed." I finish. "I'm not leaving you here defenceless." Edwards says. "Well I'm not gonna let you starve. And I wouldn't be unprotected. Alex and I have..." "What?" "The pack." I speak up.