Baseball

It's been about a week since Emmett met Dad, the Cullens want to play baseball today and they invited Bella and I to join them. Edward also wanted to take the opportunity to finally meet our Dad.

Bella walks into the dining room, where Dad is cleaning out his gun, putting a beer on the table. "Got you another one." "Thanks." There's a few second pause before she finally spills the beans, "I have a date with Edward Cullen." Dad looks to Bella curiously while taking a sip of his beer before asking, "He's a little old for you isn't he?" You have no idea, I laugh to myself. "No. He's a junior. I'm a junior. I thought you liked the Cullens." He looks up to her from cleaning his gun again, "I thought you didn't like any of the boys in town." He then takes another sip of his beer as I laugh under my breath. "Edward doesn't live in town.... technically." There's another pause before Bella says, "He's right outside." Dad doesn't look too happy about that, "He is?" "Yeah, he wanted to meet you.... officially." Dad looks to her again before sighing, "Alright." He snaps his gun shut quickly and places it back on the table. "Being him in." Bella looks to Dad warily, "Um, could you be nice? He's important." Dad responds by drawing an imaginary halo above his head. I chuckle as Bella leaves to get Edward.

I walk over to Dad and kiss his cheek, "I'm going over to Emmett's, I'll see you later okay?" He nods, "See you later sweetheart."

I walk out the door, past Bella and Edward, and over to Emmett who is standing by his jeep. "There's my beautiful angel." I step into his open arms and place my hands on his chest as he reaches down slightly to place a long but gentle kiss on my lips. "Hey Em." We get into his jeep and as he pulls out, he slides his hand into mine. I look out the window with a smile on my face as I watch trees whip by until we pull up into a large clearing. We hop out of the jeep and I look out into the clearing to see the rest of the Cullens setting up a baseball field. Emmett walks over and takes my hand and leads me over to his family. Esme walks over to us with a smile and gives me a hug, "It's good to see you dear." "You too Esme."

Another jeep pulls into the clearing carrying Edward and Bella. I giggle and walk over to Bella with Esme. As we reach them Esme slips her arms through Bella's and pulls her along over to everyone else, "I'm glad you're both here, we need some umpires." As she says that my boyfriend walks over with a sly smirk on his face, "She thinks we cheat." Esme sends him a sassy look, "Oh, I know you cheat." I laugh at that.

He then pulls me into his chest and gives me a deep and passionate kiss and I can't help but giggle. "Are you trying to seduce me so that I'll go easy on you?" He chuckles, still smirking at me, "Maybe. Is it working." I just laugh and push off of his chest, walking over to Bella and Esme who are getting into position. "Just call them as you see them girls."  "Okay." We say in sync.

Rosalie goes up first, Alice pitches the ball at vampire speed. When Rose smacks the ball with the bat it makes a huge CRACK sound, as the ball zooms off into the woods, she starts to run around the bases. "Okay, now I see why you need the thunder." Bella says. Edward takes off after the ball. "That's gotta be a homerun right?" Esme looks to Bella, "Edward's very fast." Esme catches the ball that Edward throws to her and she touches the home plate just before Rose got there. "You're out." Bella says quietly. "Out! Woo!" Danny says, very into this game, causing me to giggle at him. However, Rose gives my sister the stink eye as she stands up, as she walks to go past Bella she get's really close to her face before walking over to Carlisle. This causes me to frown, Why does she like me but hate Bella? It just doesn't make sense. Danny, seeing the interaction calls out, "Babe, c'mon it's just a game." "Nice kitty." Carlisle says, patting Rose's shoulder as he walks up to bat next.

When Jasper takes his turn, Danny runs up a tree and catches the ball, throwing it over to Esme to catch. Rose nudges me and says playfully, "My monkey man," I laugh and bump my hip against hers causing her to laugh too.