Field trip

Bella and I are at school, standing by our truck waiting to get on the school bus. Bella's kind of staring off into space so I go over to Mr Molina and hand him our permission slips. When I turn back around I notice Mike Newton is talking to Bella, well... trying to anyways.

I look around the parking lot and find Edward, Alice, Jasper and Emmett walking over. I smile and walk over to them, I give Alice a hug, "Hey Alice." "Morning!" I pull back and smile at Jasper and Edward, "Morning guys." "Morning Alex." Jasper says. Edward seems to be staring somewhere so I follow his line of sight to find him watching my sister with Mike. I giggle and turn back to him, "What's the matter Eddy? Jealous?" "Not funny Alex, I don't like her that way." He says as he playfully glares at me. "oh really? Then what's this I hear about you paying nightly visits to my sister while she's sleeping?" He looks shocked and I laugh harder. "How do you know about that?" "Well, Bells woke up this morning telling me she must be going crazy 'cause she thought she saw you in her room." I giggle and walk over to Emmett, snaking my arms around his waist and reaching up to give him a kiss. "Morning handsome." I say with a smirk. He smirks right back, "Morning angel."

Mr Molina starts calling to all of the students to get on the bus, "C'mon guys we gotta go! Green is what? Good! Let's go!"

I see Edward smirk as we watch Bella awkwardly walk away from Mike, confused I turn to look at them but before I can even open my mouth Edward says, "Mike asked her to prom and she turned him down. Said she was going to Jacksonville." I laugh because we're not actually going to Jacksonville. "Poor Mike. I thought he would've asked Jessica, I mean she's obviously obsessed with him." We all laugh as we make our way to the two school buses. We walk towards the back and I sit next to Emmett, holding his hand and my head resting on his shoulder.

---- Time skip ----

As we're walking through the greenhouse, I notice Edward keeps staring at Bella. So I elbow him firmly in the side and whisper, "Go talk to her." He sighs and speeds up his walk to catch up to Bella. Emmett comes up to me and wraps an arm around my waist, I smile as I feel him kiss my temple.

When we get out of the greenhouse and pass the idiots surrounding the worm box, I see Edward and Bella having a not-so-happy conversation. Thankfully, Alice steps in to break the tension, "Will you be riding with us." But Edward is quick to reply for her, "No, our bus is full." He then knocks on the door and once they open, he and his siblings follow him onto the bus. But just before Emmett and I get on the bus, I stop and say, "I'm gonna ride with Bella, make sure she's okay." Emmett nods and gives me a quick kiss, "Sure, I'll come by later." With that I turn to Bella, grab her hand and walk with her onto the other bus.

On the ride back I try and ask her what happened but she wouldn't tell me much, just that she was fine. I eventually sighed in defeat and sat back, when it comes to Bella I know when to quit, she's too stubborn for her own good sometimes.

---- Time skip ----

Bella walks into the house frustrated, I just walk into the kitchen to say hi to Dad, "Hey Dad. We're back." "Have a good day?" I looked discretely back at Bella then turned to Dad with a sigh, "Some more than others." Understanding, he nods. "I'll be up in my room if you need me Dad." "Okay sweetie."

As I open my bedroom door I see Emmett, sitting on my bed with his back against the headboard. I giggle at him, close and lock my door and walk over and get on the bed, straddling his lap. "Hey." "Hey." For a few minutes we seem to get lost in each others eyes. We slowly lean in until our lips are slightly brushing, when suddenly I smash my lips to his. Liking my eagerness, Emmett grabs me by the hips as we continue to make out. After a while I pull back due to lack of breathe, but Emmett continues to kiss down to my neck and I can't help but moan when he finds my sweet spot. I pull away and give him a chaste kiss then roll off of him to lay beside him. He lays down to face me as I begin talking.

"Ya know, your brother's a douche bag right? If he can't say anything nice to Bella he might as well not say anything at all. Not only is she upset but she's starting to get curious, trust me when I say that Bella is as stubborn as a mule when she sets her mind on something. If he doesn't tell her soon, she's going to work it out for herself." As I talked, Emmett played with a strand of my hair, listening to what I had to say with a nod every now and then. "Baby, trust me, I know he's an idiot. But there isn't anything I can do about it." I can't help but giggle, he always knows how to cheer me up. "We'll just have to take things as they come, if she finds out - she finds out. If she doesn't then that's fine too. But whatever happens it'll all work out in the end." "You're right." I say with a sigh as I snuggle into his chest as he kisses the top of my head.